JRammit

Drill Press Belt

Do you have a through drilling jig in mind yet. If not, I can help you there.

Dave

I didnt think one was needed

I just did a test run... Got a piece of stock, center lined x and y... Drilled one side at the intersection.. Fliped.. Drilled the other side from that intersection... Perfect through hole!

Quick cut out with the band saw.. Sanded to the template outline with the sanding drum... "Eyeball sanded" the nose, tail, and facets (not perfect)...... And boom!... What took me half a day with a jigsaw and dremel, i just accomplished in 20 minutes!...... Nice to have the right tools!

Yes it is nice to be able to do what you want JR. As you know many here drill by hand, so do I. Though sometimes a jig comes in handy.

If doing it your way is working for you, then all is good. When you need to get a jig or make one for that matter, you will know. Getting the info from Dave won't hurt tho, you can use it as needed.

A year from now you may go, "dang I wish I had got that info."

Dale

I never discard Dave's advice... He's an engineer, im just a guy that figures stuff out (which i always try to do before asking for help)... My way is rarely the best way, but it usually works

I forgot to mention my little trick for drilling PVC, you can use a soldering iron to melt an indention where you want to drill... This keeps the bit from walking

Ill admit, it was difficult to hold the piece strait by hand.. Doing this 10 or 20 times could lend 2 or 3 failures..... I considered molding a plaster "stand", but a jig may be more efficient..... Wha'd u have in mind Dave?

Edited by JRammit

First complete builds with "the right tools"

http://www.tackleunderground.com/community/gallery/image/15631-the-slip-crank-gen-3-lemon-lime/

Its nice having the tools, faster and more consistent... I actually made 4 identical, 2 for testing and 2 finished products (well, 7 if you count the 3 i screwed up

Edited by JRammit

Do you have a through drilling jig in mind yet. If not, I can help you there.

Dave

Hey Dave, i noticed when the site went down your post on the thru-drilling jig got deleted... I thought it was pretty handy!.... Maybe you could post it again for anyone who didnt see it