RayburnGuy

Tauten Line Welder

Neat little concept.      Don't figure it will last long as really doubt it is needed but will get a few of the gadget guys.

I don't see the cost as being ridiculous...but then it doesn't take much effort to find guys with  100k + tied up in boat and truck, tackle, etc.. and can't put a boat in unless the ramp is equivalent to a football field but luckily they only need to worry about that less than a dozen times a year. :lolhuh:

• Like 1

Your probably right Travis. My fishing buddy and I were talking about all the high dollar rigs you see at the lake these days. And 100K might be on the slim side when you consider some boats are over 80 grand. Throw in a shiny, new 4-wheel drive diesel and you've got another 60 or 70 thousand. And that's not including tackle, insurance, gas, etc. etc. 

When you consider all that I guess a few hundred bucks for the latest gadget doesn't seem too far out of line. You hit the nail on the head about launch ramps too. Talk about a circus. lol

Would be a great tool for making leaders or walleye harnesses!

But just for tying on a bait, no thanks... I could tie a palomar knot faster than i could pull that contraption out of my bag, and 9x out of 10 the line will fail before the palomar... Strong enough for me

• Like 1