fresque93

Mcu In Canada?

I was looking into using moisture cure urethane to finish my baits but all the products I've seen guys talk about on here are only in the United States whereas I'm in Canada and don't really know what to look for. Can anybody help me in what to look for or where to look for it? Is mcu mostly an exterior wood finish, or similar things like that?

Thanks guys!

Jeff

I am still doing e-tex or d2t (if I am in a rush) at this point, I am hoping a renovation contractor buddy will have some leftovers I can try at some point, I would like to see how it stands up to pike.

I may be wrong but MCU seems to be very popular for the bass bait builders and musky(and by extension pike) seem to use epoxy.

I was able to find denatured alcohol (supposedly not available in Canada) at my plastic supply shop and it waters down etex very nice I have been using the watered down version as the first sealing coat on my lures. it does not take much (like drops) and do make sure the resin is well mixed and has cooked for a while or the cure time goes through the roof.

But that could lighten up the coverage for you