mark poulson

Preventing Rubber Skirts From Melting

I do, and speaking of being old , I am finally re-tiring. :yes:  April 30th will be my last day of work. yipeeeeee!

You're a lucky man. I have another 10 years to go if I make it. Hope to see you more on TU, to share your vast knowledge of spinnerbaits.

Thanks guys. I wasn't sure I would make it but I am getting very close and I am  really looking forward to it. 45+ years of working 6 days a week, so I am planning on enjoying what I have left on this earth and will try to use it wisely but I am not a smart man and am sure I will waste some time in the man cave :?

John

John - congratulations on making it.

The change-over is a critical time, the secret is to keep busy and keep your mind active. The grueling work schedule you endured for 45 years must be replaced gradually, sudden change is the enemy. You have an advantage over many in your position, you have a hobby that you really enjoy, use it.

Dave

Thanks V-Man, I am semi-retired already, six weeks vacation started mar. 13th today is the start of the third week. the first two were full of activities around the house and I didn't mind. I feel good when I get up now and unlike going to work I am actually enjoying taking care of business. I have put off a lot of things that needed doing simply because I am getting older and more tired than I used to be when I was younger today I have been burning brush and working in the garden. Soon, I will be hoeing, weeding and picking/digging the veggies. Also, I have made a few spinnerbaits for me, a friend and the grandson. I am adjusting quite nicely and do not think that I will become a couch potato. I also have three grandchildren whom will get some attention the littlest one was born on my birthday last year. He and I will celebrate his 1st. and my 64th in June. I know that this has nothing to do with making baits but just want to thank everyone for all the excellent advice and the good wishes. I hope to be spending a little more time on TU and devote more time to tackle making. Thanks again to all the good and encouraging people that belong to TU.

John

John - congratulations on making it.

The change-over is a critical time, the secret is to keep busy and keep your mind active. The grueling work schedule you endured for 45 years must be replaced gradually, sudden change is the enemy. You have an advantage over many in your position, you have a hobby that you really enjoy, use it.

Dave

• Like 2

Thanks V-Man, I am semi-retired already, six weeks vacation started mar. 13th today is the start of the third week. the first two were full of activities around the house and I didn't mind. I feel good when I get up now and unlike going to work I am actually enjoying taking care of business. I have put off a lot of things that needed doing simply because I am getting older and more tired than I used to be when I was younger today I have been burning brush and working in the garden. Soon, I will be hoeing, weeding and picking/digging the veggies. Also, I have made a few spinnerbaits for me, a friend and the grandson. I am adjusting quite nicely and do not think that I will become a couch potato. I also have three grandchildren whom will get some attention the littlest one was born on my birthday last year. He and I will celebrate his 1st. and my 64th in June. I know that this has nothing to do with making baits but just want to thank everyone for all the excellent advice and the good wishes. I hope to be spending a little more time on TU and devote more time to tackle making. Thanks again to all the good and encouraging people that belong to TU.

John

John,

Bad as I hate to admit it everything can't be about fishing. It sounds like you've got your priorities straight and are settling into what will hopefully be a long, happy, and well deserved, retirement. Best of luck to you my friend. :yay:

Ben

• Like 1

Thanks Ben, not sure that I deserved it but I was fortunate enough to have a  job which provided a retirement and I am very thankful for it. As far as having my priorities straight, my better half helps me out with that one. She is a good one and has been with me for 44 years. I would hate to see where I might have gone without her. OK, enough of me and back to tackle building. 

Last night I woke up in the middle of the night and started thinking about soft swim-baits. This may already be out there but I am thinking about a long spinner bait frame with the lower arm being 6 to 10 inches long and the upper blade arm being the same length as a regular spinner bait frame. I think this set-up would look like  (to a Bass) a larger fish chasing a minnow and might help to trigger a reaction bite. I will probably have to use .051 wire for this to keep it from getting bent up. Will try to get this done today will post a pic if I make it.

John

Edited by JBlaze
  • Like 2