tukta

Glow Paint

I did a search for you and tried to copy and paste it, but the link wouldn't work after I posted it.

Look in the upper right hand corner of this page where it says "Search" and type in "glow nation" without the quotation marks. Then click where it says "this topic" and put a check mark beside "Forums". Then just click the little magnifying glass looking thingy in the green box and it should pull up everything you ever wanted to know about glow paint.

good luck,

Ben

Edited by RayburnGuy
  • Like 1

not paint, its the powder. what I did was spray the bait with polyurethane and then dump the powder on it, lightly press it down with your finger and then dump off the excess. do one side at a time. repeat the whole process again. after I had 2-3 layers of the powder stuck I sprayed with poly again to lock everything together. let it dry for a day and then I clearcoated it with epoxy. it will have a rough feel.

funny thing about it. glowed like hell in the water and was able to pick it out on the viewfinder of my camera real easy. went home and downloaded the video from the camera and there was no image. out of the water the image showed up good with the video.

I've used the Glo Nation acrylic paint, not the powder.  The paint is very thick, almost a gelatin consistency and you have to apply it with a brush.  I do 3-4 heavy coats of the paint to build up a film that is approximately 1/8" thick.  It comes out smooth.  Then I topcoat it with moisture cured urethane.  Whatever method you use, the glow is caused by strontium aluminate grains.  The bigger and more grains in the coating, the more it will glow.  You can theoretically apply something with an airbrush but all but the largest airbrush tips will clog unless you are shooting very small grain glow material, which will not glow as well as the larger grain variety.  So it's a trade-off.

I use their powder to make my colorado and Indiana spinnerbait blades glow, for muddy and stained water.

I coat the concave side with clear (nail polish for me), pinch some of their white/green powder onto the wet polish, tap off the excess, and then use the nail polish brush, wet, to work the powder to get rid of unmixed powder and to work it into the first coat.

Once it's dried, I put another coat of clear over it, just for additional protection.

Their blue works well, too.

I add the same powder to hot plastisol to get glow in the dark baits.