CollinW22

Top 6 Dye Colors?

In my experience, (Bass fishing baits) the bleed & non bleed colors come out the same. Not enough of a difference (if any) to notice for me.. The BIG concern would be if / when you store multiple color baits loose together. The bleed colors do bleed, it does not take long for them to bleed on to other baits, so take care with how you store them and you'll be fine. My 6 would be Green Pumpkin, Brown, Watermelon, Black, Purple and Chartreuse. With those you can do A LOT! A little goes a long way. its much easier to add a few more drops than it is to "clear up" a color. I would recommend starting with small batches, (4oz of plastisol) and experimenting to your preference. In addition to the 6 colors I would also recommend that you need some basic glitters. Black, Silver, Red, and Blue. I agree with gone2long that some pearl powders can give you exponentially more options, and they do go a long way. Like using less than a match head worth for 8 oz. of plastisol. BUT I am no expert. This is just what I have found through my own trial and error.

• Like 1

Thanks for the input. I was looking at MF colors and they have Bleeding and Non-Bleeding colors. Is there any difference in the two other than one bleeds and one does not? Is one more/less translucent than the other? Do the colors come out the same? 

There is quite a large difference in most of them. The dyes (bleeding colours) tend to be very vibrant and clear, the pigments (non-bleeding colours) tend to be semi-transparent at best. Use them wisely and the dyes can be a VERY useful tool in your arsenal.