dlaery

shipping overseas

as a general rule does anyone have trouble shipping overseas? I have shipped a few things overseas USPS and never had any trouble.

I usually ship Priority, but this time I was going to ship First Class.

Has anyone had a shipment lost and what was the result, good or bad?

Thanks,

Once I sold items and sent same to a guy in Indonesia with shipping and docs via USPS 3 day Air to his address. He did not receive.  All USPS shipments in his town arrive into a bonded cage. His stuff from me was stolen.  I resent same items with docs and freight forwarding via FedEX.  He got them.

For me, now I only internationally sell via Pay-Pal Invoice to verified address, documented via email with buyer's agreement to pay for all import/export/brokerage fees not in Pay-Pal Invoice with shipping 3 day air via DHL, UPS or FedEX.

Selling in some countries has scary stories- most do not. I do not sell much internationally so I can avoid freight forwarding/broker/funds transfer and similar hassles.

Good luck!

John

Bassrecord - Most companies will not deal with Indonesia (where I live). I have lost a lot of stuff, probably theft in the system. Secondly, to obtain my goods, I have to pay the system usually double, sometimes triple the original purchase price. A recent example; I bought a 0.5Kg/0.01g scale and a 200Kg/1g scale from China. the cost of the two units combined was less that $100, but with postage and customs costs, the total paid was $400.

This is why I will not do international business, either for materials or sales. TU members often offer to send me stuff for free, and when I have to decline I always worry about offending people. But anything other than a major postal service (UPS, FedEx etc) will not arrive, and if it does, I still have to pay through the nose.

My advice, do not deal with Indonesia without insurance, and always use tracking. Make sure the customer knows and accepts responsibility for the risks, because you should not lose out on the deal.

DAve