keysd13

Flap Slap KO Hooks?

I painted some of the Flap Slap KO baits and they sink tail down at a fast rate when I place hooks on the bait.  I'm using etex epoxy and tried various hooks with the same sink action. Without hooks the bait slowly floats up.  Does anyone have recommendations for a hook setup? 

Picture attached shows the bait I'm referring to.

flap slap.png

Hmm, if they only slow float without hooks you might be out of luck if you have tried downsizing the hooks and split rings or going with light wire hooks already.   You might try drilling a hole in a blank and removing some of the ballast before finishing the bait.

• Like 2

I've been able to alter the weighting of plastic baits by drilling a 1/4" hole in the back, removing or adding whatever weight I needed to, and then sealing the hole with bondo.  

I spread the bondo about 1/8" thick onto the sticky side of a piece of blue painters masking tape, place the tape over the hole, and push it down so that the bondo that enters the hole is only that 1/8" thick+-.

Once it's set, I remove the tape, sand down to the bait's surface, and then use runny super glue to reinforce the bondo, and seal over the hole.

I've used this method to add weight to jerkbaits, and I've never had a problem, even though the balls in those baits move back and forth all the time.

• Like 1