mark poulson

new luremaking software

Pete, I just want to say how awesome Australia is. I hear the girls are terrific, but I guess that is neither here nor there. You lot are always great fun as far as I can tell, you have giant freshwater grouper looking things that you call cod and which you fish for like they were bass, you always seem willing to forgive us no matter how stupid we become, and you have enormous deadly spiders. 

*end gratuitous threadjack*

WellingLures Oy Ltd. will be the sole provider for any physical or immaterial product made based on designs done by using the site.

well s__t..

guess you could have the proto made from them and then make your own mold. would still have to balance the lure but it would eliminate carving and sanding the overall shape completely even.  

i'm going to play with it. thanks for the link.

10 hours ago, Hughesy said:

Does anybody know of any software on the market (that you can buy)that is similar to  this and can be used with a 3D printer? Dave?

Any software that can save the model to STL type file can be used with a 3D printer.

I haven't tried any cheap or free software because I have never needed to, I am fully trained on CATIA V5 which does everything I need.

Dave

• Like 2

On 1/28/2017 at 10:53 PM, jigginpig said:

Pete, I just want to say how awesome Australia is. I hear the girls are terrific, but I guess that is neither here nor there. You lot are always great fun as far as I can tell, you have giant freshwater grouper looking things that you call cod and which you fish for like they were bass, you always seem willing to forgive us no matter how stupid we become, and you have enormous deadly spiders. 

*end gratuitous threadjack*

"'Pete, I just want to say how awesome Australia is. I hear the girls are terrific ''---Not sure about that Jigginpin, all girls are awesome when you are 20,  I'm way past that :D-- Knowing what I know now, I'm converting to ''Hinduism'', so when I  come back (probably as a dog or cow) I can use my vast  untapped psychology on them.

Yeah everything is supposed to big here and bites, but my problem is mosquitoes, they drive me crazy. It's wet season here (Up North ,not anywhere near me)  . Last weekend 15 people tried to cross a flooded river in a 4x4 and got washed off the crossing, 12 got out, they found another 2 drowned, guess where the other one is, part of someones crocodile handbag in a few months I reckon--just one of many (a lot are tourists and fishermen) who will not see Easter, Summer is just warming up and the sharks haven't even started yet !!!!!

Pete.

• Like 3

This looks interesting. I've been using Autocad Fusion 360 (also free for amateur users) which is a great deal more flexible and will output a variety of file formats. It has a CAM module, but I haven't used it, so don't know what it does...presumably it's a post processor. 

Someone mentioned Sketchup. does the free version now have solid modeling capability?