bobv

Mega Traps

The only way I know that you can get those big liplesses is know somebody or make them yourself.  I just posted in the gallery some of my lipless masters that I created for molding.  They all swam great and are between 1 and 1.5 ounces.  I ended up leaving the business and sold the masters to another gentleman and he uses them quit a bit.  You should try carving your own, they really are not that difficult to make, just copy a picture like I did. 

Forgot to add that they are all between 4.5 and 5 inches long and take #2 trebles that will not tangle.  They really are one of the easier baits to create but not many are doing it.

Edited by bass100
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bass100 said:

The only way I know that you can get those big liplesses is know somebody or make them yourself.  I just posted in the gallery some of my lipless masters that I created for molding.  They all swam great and are between 1 and 1.5 ounces.  I ended up leaving the business and sold the masters to another gentleman and he uses them quit a bit.  You should try carving your own, they really are not that difficult to make, just copy a picture like I did. 

Forgot to add that they are all between 4.5 and 5 inches long and take #2 trebles that will not tangle.  They really are one of the easier baits to create but not many are doing it.

Those look great!  Do you have any const. photos, or tips for ballast placement?

44 minutes ago, mark poulson said:

Those look great!  Do you have any const. photos, or tips for ballast placement?

Sorry Mark, that is all I got.  All my weighting is before the center point of the bait.  The important part was getting your weight in the best vertical spot.  Depending on the height of the bait you would need to be more towards center or down at the bottom.  It is a lot easer to get the weight right than a crank or a swimbait.  Make sure you got a nice big flat surface on the head of the bait to act like a lip.  The flatter the head the more wiggle the rounder the head the less wiggle.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bass100 said:

Sorry Mark, that is all I got.  All my weighting is before the center point of the bait.  The important part was getting your weight in the best vertical spot.  Depending on the height of the bait you would need to be more towards center or down at the bottom.  It is a lot easer to get the weight right than a crank or a swimbait.  Make sure you got a nice big flat surface on the head of the bait to act like a lip.  The flatter the head the more wiggle the rounder the head the less wiggle.

Thanks!