willgohome

field test report

After many trials and errors I finally got one lure done to see if it works. Went out for striped bass last nite, threw it into the channel and BAM! It got chopped in half by a bluefish. That doesn't necessarily mean it's a good lure because blues will eat just about anything you can throw at them. Getting to the bottom past the blues is like tiptoeing thru a mine field. It really hurt to lose my one and only lure that took so much trial and error to get to. Three molds and untold remelted old plastics later and a stupid blue had to see it. Oh well. Time to order some calhoun and do it right, I've been waiting to see if I had what it takes to make my own lures, A two part mold ain't that easy but with the help of this board I think I'll be able to join the rubber club. Thanks!

I seem to have that conversation at least once a week. A few weeks ago my buddy and I were out ion our float tubes, sitting in front of these people pulling dink after dink on rattle traps letting 'em all go, they got mad and left. We were laughing the whole time. The best one so far was letting an 8 go in front of a whole shore full of "trout fishermen" that were soaking powerbait. I held the fish up and yelled "This is what's eating all your trout!". That was a feeling of pure satisfaction.