Skimpy

The Ripper Swimbait !!!!

3 hours ago, FATFLATTIE said:

Looks like a good bait, but I can get 12 cavities worth of laminate shooting 4" swimmer molds from Enforcer for the same price as 4 of those molds. Just really, really high for a single cavity mold but that's Do-It for ya.

Yeah I wish it was a multiple cavity mold and yes the price is a little steep

Just got the ES version of the ripper mold that has 3 cavities.  it does have the rougher sand cast finish , one thought has struck me has anyone  taken metal polish to the inside and tried to improve the surface finish, as I understand it the surface finish makes it about impossible to get clear baits, with the ES version.

I dont have the ES ripper yet.

The high temp spray does work.  I still use the ES Swimbait mold that I sprayed in the video.   In all honesty, im not sure the finish actually matters that much.  yes the shiny looks better, but will it catch more fish? 

I am not so much concerned about shiny, but on the do-it forum a guy had posted core shot baits and he had mentioned the the core was not showing through as well  due to the surface of the mold.  

The first thing I thought of with the core shot bait was a  clear body (silver and black flake) with a flo pink core /tail  and call it rainbow trout. A more subtle version  could be a clear with ( blue and red flake) with a pearl gold core shot call it brown trout.

But I would agree anything solid color "shine" is irrelevant

• Like 1

I have both the cnc mold and the Essential mold.

Both shoot perfect and the baits are the same.

I don't know about a bigger one, but a smaller crappie size is in the works.

The Paddle Tails come in big sizes. The 6” is a BIG piece of meat!  It was really effective this fall for bass and Northern Pike molded in bluegill colors.

I really like the action on those baits. I'm in the process of getting all the sizes to follow the shad cycle from small to mature.

On 1/9/2018 at 11:23 AM, aulrich said:

Shot my first few yesterday, it's going to be a killer bait.  Too bad I can't make it onto the ice for a few weeks.

Now the problem is that I need a couple more molds so I don't have to re-heat plastic so many times.

And this is why I have no money....

• Haha 1

Tell me about it.....i started out simply wanting to pour senkos.....next thing i know im at least 1800$ into my initial set up.....but no regrets it's the perfect hobby for me,  esp in the winter...I really enjoy it and cant wait to catch my first fish on a bait I made

• Like 3