emptystringer81

Uv and glow additave

Have a customer that wants some uv and or glow in the dark soft plastics for saltwater. I don't know that much about this stuff. Can u use both in ur soft plastics or does it not work like that?  Was looking at Do-it  and they have the uv  and the glow in the dark stuff. Just asking if anyone on here has used it before. Ive heard people having good luck with the uv for freshwater but not the glow in the dark.

I use GloNation glo powder, the white/green powder, and I've had best results with using it in white and chartreuse baits, for bass.  The darker colors seem to block the glow, unless I use so much it changes the colors themselves.  I've tried blue and red powders, and they don't work nearly as well as the white/green.

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 8:59 AM, emptystringer81 said:

Have a customer that wants some uv and or glow in the dark soft plastics for saltwater. I don't know that much about this stuff. Can u use both in ur soft plastics or does it not work like that?  Was looking at Do-it  and they have the uv  and the glow in the dark stuff. Just asking if anyone on here has used it before. Ive heard people having good luck with the uv for freshwater but not the glow in the dark.

As Mark indicated, the glow colors are tough to get in the "dark" soft plastics.  I have tried to make a two mold process where the main bait is poured in the dark color, then the bait is suspended in a new mold and a clear with glow is poured over it.  It works, but the dark is masked a lot and it just did not look right to me.  It was also a serious pain in the back side.

UV light does not penetrate plastic, or anything else, very far so it is applied to the surface. 

Now, the second part of your question is regarding UV and glow in salt and freshwater.  I have attached a long write-up about UV to help you sleep tonight.  Don't read it until you are ready to close your eyes.

As for glow, well lots of things have bioluminescence, including humans, yes humans.  We humans glow 1000 times to low for our eyes to detect, LOL, but we do.  Very few fresh water critters seem to "glow" enough to attract predators, but ....... some species do respond.  Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, Char all seem to respond.  Bass don't seem to and Walleye, the one most seem to make them up for, don't seem to unless it is very low.  Now, Saltwater is a completely different game.  Lots of Salt species seem to key in on the glow.

but, the key is "a customer wants".  Sometimes you make things for the customer, not to catch fish.

UV Light.pdf

Ok so I got some glow powder in chart and blue from do it and also picked up the UV Blast powder from DO-IT to put in my soft plastics.  I'm not sure If I'm doing the glow powders right but its taking about 4 of the 1/8 tsp to a cup of plastic. I thought that was quite a bit. I only bought 1.5 ounces of the stuff. Then I tried the UV blast , I made some baits without the UV in pumpkinseed and some with 1/4 tsp of UV per cup of plastic in pumpkinseed. Shine my UV light on all of them and they all glow the same amount lmao!!! So I added twice as much UV and still the same thing. What am I doing wrong here? Also is there different color UV blast? I was thinking its supposed to glow blue but there like a chartreuse.  Help would be appreciated thanks.