GB GONE

Fluke formula (salt, plastic, softener, hardener mixture)??

Does everbody pour their fluke baits with about the same recipe as a stik bait?? I'm thinking I might add a little more salt.

Any thoughts??

Might be nice to have another sticky with basic recipes (no colors) for worms, stick baits, flukes, trailers, grubs, chunks, etc.

Jim

PS Stuck at work today so I thought I might try to get some topics going on baits as I'm not going to be using any today!!! :pissed:

Somebody has to do it!!! :D However, if I can get some responses here I can get ready to pour some new baits with some molds I made/bought.

I'd rather be hardly working in the boat than here at this hospital!!!

Course my paycheck here is much better than the one I DON'T get at the tourneys I go to!!! :?

I base the amount of salt added by how fast I want the bait to fall. The more salt the faster the bait sinks. I add some salt to all my pours but if I want stickbaits or flukes that sink fast I pour the salt to them. I rarely use harder. I'm not sure there's that many recipes for plastic. May be more than I think, guess we'll see.

Jim,

I'm assuming you poured your own fluke baits using the stickbait formula and feel there is a need for more salt.

Was the sink rate too slow?

What % salt content did you use (30-50%)?

I am about to pour my own soft jerkbaits and was wondering where to start. Thanks for any info.

JD