stein3411

Frog Painting

You have two options available to most of us.

1) You can paint with almost any paint, including water based paint.  They look great, but they won't keep their paint job.  Paints, in general, won't stick to plastic.  So.......We use to airbrush our hollow body plastic frogs or other soft plastic lures, then we would dip in clear hot plastisol.  The clear plastisol will seal the paint and protect it.

2) New paints are available now that will stick to plastic.  They are solvent based and should not be used without proper mask and/or ventilation.  I don't use them at this time,  but I understand that they work well.  These paints can be and are used with airbrush techniques.  They also make a clear that you can protect them with, but it is not necessary if painted over the new paints.

I am pretty sure that someone will post the name of it on the site now.  I just don't remember the name at this time.  Sorry.  

PS, it has only been out for a few years now.

• Like 1

I am restoring my car and used a vinyl spray to renew my seats and interior vinyl. S.E.M. And so far it is holding up well. I’ll be playing with it soon on frogs. It’s a 3 part process. First scrub to remove surface contamination. Then spray with a vinyl softener and let it sit. And then the color spray. 

Edited by Capt. Steve Chaconas
Spelling