Rnd101

Zoom Black light color recipe

Hard to tell by the picture, but it looks like black with purple glitter. Am I missing something? Reaction Innovations make a sweet Black Light but its a laminate. Black over purple with purple glitter. As far as the purple it kinda looks like Violet based on the shade. I would have to have one in hand to check against to be sure.

option427_large.jpg

The Zoom bait isn't a laminate like the RI.  It's a black plastic with an iridescent purple flake which can be bought from SpikeIt although not in the size pictured in these baits which is probably .035/.040 and it's not cheap.  It's called sparkle violet if you're interested..  Keep in mind that this flake is extremely heat sensitive and will lose its color quickly if it overheated. 

41 minutes ago, Rnd101 said:

@Bassinfool I found the glitter but I guess I am confused on why it is white and not purple. If I put this in a mix with black dye to try to duplicate black light color from zoom will it turn purple? Or do I need to add some purple glitter too? Thanks 

It's an iridescent color. Once it's in the plastic it won't appear white. In fact, you won't see the individual flakes a whole lot until you start rolling the bait in your hand and the light starts reflecting off the flake.  It's hard to explain without having the bait in your hands. I've made this color before after peeling a RI beaver apart and pulling flake out of it to really find out what it was. I'm confident this is the flake that's in that bait. 

As someone else suggested above, the zoom color may be different flake. It quite possibly is fuscia flake which would be my guess. 

spike it only has  the violet sparkle glitter in  .015 size I have some.  Its weird because it changes from blue green and purple when u look at it at different angles, Really neat color. But By looking at the zoom bait it just looks to me like its black with big purple glitter. Maybe even really a really dark purple colorant. Hope this helps