bassmaster0726

Baitmold.com

27 minutes ago, Cami said:

Again, coming back to this thread, I would like to know what you really think about the review of stone mold inside this video

Bye.

Cami

I have one stone mold from the Ukraine, a 6" Keitech-like swimbait.

I sprayed it with PAM before I used it, like I do with my aluminum molds, and again after each pour, and it poured well, and opened up easily.  The baits came out without damage, and the tails filled.  The tail stem is thin, so I needed to use a stiffer plastic than just plain medium, but it works just fine.

• Like 1

In my opinion, aluminum molds are clearly better than stone, that really is a pretty obvious given.  But, he did not really put forth any effort to make the stone mold work.  No oil at first, then way too much oil.  He kind of did it in a way that made poor results a guarantee.  The only time I have had that much difficult with opening a stone mold was a new 8 cavity ring type one that I did not spray first.

I treated all my stone molds with.  KBS diamond coat and have not needed to oil a mold since and all the baits turn out nice and shiny.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1