offroad

lamanates

Guys  New to this stuff l have the shooting star system and wish to pour two colours  the mold is a  twin side inject swimbait  one. My question is how do l get both colors l either get just the one colour or one side of the swimbait is red the other side is  black thank you

Glad you have it figured out.   Also want to welcome you to the site.

In case you did not figure it out, our search feature is hard to find.  Hover your mouse over Activity at the top right of this screen.  When the drop down menu comes down, go down to search and click on it.  Enter your search words and hang on, we have tons of past responses.  LOL

• Like 1

You might be able to use a tube with offset holes drilled at different layers, or a twisted piece of flat metal such that a twist divides the gate of each cavity.  I've done both. and gotten a laminate, but it isn't as nice as a laminate in a mold properly oriented for it.  The big problem with swimbaits is producing a mold that is oriented nicely for laminates, vents properly, tail vents properly, and produces the tail cleanly.  There are some tricks to make it work, but the mold gets a little more complicated.  The twisted metal worked better than the drilled tube, but they both produced a laminate.  Well sort of.  Both methods produced a lopsided laminate, but if you only look at one side...    LOL.  I saw Toadfrog post some pictures of a laminated swimbait on Facebook.  I assumed from looking at them he used one of these methods.  His looked better than mine. 

• Like 1