Greenpointer

Color dispersion question

Greenpointer, if you have not already purchased one, you need to buy you one of the Badger battery powered mixers. They are very handy. It has a small mixing disk on the end and turns some very fast rpms. I've had mine for quit a while and love it. It will mix your paint in no time. They cost less than 10.00, and worth every penny.

• Like 1

I always had the same problem with LC's different chartreuse colors.   Nice to know some things haven't changed.  LOL

All great advice, but if you've scraped all the color off the bottom, mixed vigorously,  added the color BEFORE heating, and you still have the same problem, try adding a few drops of worm oil and mix again.  I had to do this a few times with great results. 

• Like 1

Thanks for all the tips and replies. Very much appreciated. I've been adding color after heating so that may just well solve the problem. That particular pigment seems to hard pack more than anything else I use other than silver minnow, so I always give it a bit more attention. Are they suspended in water or oil?

X2 on that have both and  out of the 40 something colors I have those 2 are the worst I’ve got for hard pack I had to add a couple more stainless nuts in them to make it easier to mix and sometimes still need a screwdriver . Mix the crap out of it and when you think you’ve got it shake more:-)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Greenpointer said:

Are they suspended in water or oil?

Oil based solvent!  If they were suspended in water you would have nightmares when you heated over 212 degrees F.

2 hours ago, wallyc14 said:

stainless nuts

I got some SS ball bearings about the size of BBs.  That works for every color, except........

1 hour ago, Anglinarcher said:

Oil based solvent!  If they were suspended in water you would have nightmares when you heated over 212 degrees F.

I got some SS ball bearings about the size of BBs.  That works for every color, except........

Now that you said that it's painfully obvious it's not water  based...one of those moments when the brain just didn't engage. 

1 hour ago, alsworms said:

Absolutely LOVED LC's minnow silver because it worked so well with other colors (especially hi-lites,) but yes......needs to be mixed a ton too. 

Same here, one particular combination with silver minnow has produced more big (20lb+) fish than anything I've ever used. Love that stuff. 

On 2/10/2018 at 2:36 AM, Greenpointer said:

Now that you said that it's painfully obvious it's not water  based...one of those moments when the brain just didn't engage. 

Same here, one particular combination with silver minnow has produced more big (20lb+) fish than anything I've ever used. Love that stuff. 

You talking stripers?

Rick

SE CT