bassmaster0726

Dead on plastix

On 2/16/2018 at 4:40 PM, FATFLATTIE said:

Pretty good stuff IMO. It takes reheats better than any other plastic I've used. It has micro bubbles like all plastic but dissipates faster than others. I really like it.

I have to agree.  I've reheated several colors up to 5 times and no discoloration or scorching.  The micro bubbles are definitely there, but I just try and stir them to the sides.

Overall I'm quite pleased with it.

To each their own I tried it once before and had bubble issues which is not a big deal for people who cook in pots , which I do sometimes . Most of the time I cook in the micro and the bubbles drive me nuts. What I should have said was it reheats well like most plastics but the bubbles are there. Just my opinion there are other plastics out that don’t bubble at all and reheat as well  for price point close to what they charge.

I’m not saying it’s junk. All I’m saying  is if price was all that matters like it did for me when I first started making plastics then by all means you just have to accept the characteristics of that plastic . 

Another point to consider is sometimes we introduce the microbubbles too by stiring  to much or to hard

3 minutes ago, wallyc14 said:

To each their own I tried it once before and had bubble issues which is not a big deal for people who cook in pots , which I do sometimes . Most of the time I cook in the micro and the bubbles drive me nuts. What I should have said was it reheats well like most plastics but the bubbles are there. Just my opinion there are other plastics out that don’t bubble at all and reheat as well  for price point close to what they charge.

I’m not saying it’s junk. All I’m saying  is if price was all that matters like it did for me when I first started making plastics then by all means you just have to accept the characteristics of that plastic . 

Another point to consider is sometimes we introduce the microbubbles too by stiring  to much or to hard

I'm always looking to try new things, which brand do you use that reheats as well with less bubbles?  I got a little less than a gallon left so its almost time to order some more.

I’m like you I’m always open to new ideas and products. I use baitjunkies degassed most of the time medium or soft with good success I’ve also used the economy which is not degassed which did have bubbles but they were minimal (cooked in a pot) the bubbles go away . I’ve also had good  experiences with M and F  super soft very heat tolerant and no bubbles and have no bubble issue in micro wave with either the bjs premium degassed and M n F . Remelts that sit around with salt in them will collect moisture  which will bubble but if you cook it you can get it out . Sometimes I’ll let the plastic rest hot in micro to let the bubbles out. They are both very good plastics that will take heat but we still have to keep an eye on them so they don’t scorch . Some plastics are by nature more heat stable than others but I can only speak for my self when I say this but when it scorched it’s because of me not the plastic. The trick is to find the happy medium where you heat it as little as possible use as much of it as you can on the first heat when used in the micro. Now as far as a pot goes , as long as I keep the temp in the sweet spot for what I’m shooting  I have not scorched  plastic in a pot in a long time and here again it was me not the plastic 

Edited by wallyc14

2 hours ago, walleyeking said:

Bait junkies is now directing you to the polysol site to order plastic. They are no longer selling plastic just molds. So is polysol what baitjunkies has been selling?

No. BaitJunkys has been selling Calhoun. Leonard is now directing all supply (plastic, colourant, glitter, bags etc) to baitplastics.com Who is a distributor for Polysol and now also sells the degassed BaitJunkys plastic as well (it is still the same plastic BaitJunkys has sold for the last 5 years)

Edited by DaveMc1
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, DaveMc1 said:

No. BaitJunkys has been selling Calhoun. Leonard is now directing all supply (plastic, colourant, glitter, bags etc) to baitplastics.com Who is a distributor for Polysol and now also sells the degassed BaitJunkys plastic as well (it is still the same plastic BaitJunkys has sold for the last 5 years)

Love the Baitjunkies plastic!

• Like 1

Oh wow! Just saw the price on the gallon of baitjunkys plastisol. Can't beat that price! What hardness do you think would be good for swimbaits? I looked through the search bar, and a lot of guys are saying that the medium  is a pretty good choice for most baits. Would this include swimbaits with vortex-style and paddle tails? You guys are much more experienced than I am. Any suggestions?

5 hours ago, porkmeatballs said:

Oh wow! Just saw the price on the gallon of baitjunkys plastisol. Can't beat that price! What hardness do you think would be good for swimbaits? I looked through the search bar, and a lot of guys are saying that the medium  is a pretty good choice for most baits. Would this include swimbaits with vortex-style and paddle tails? You guys are much more experienced than I am. Any suggestions?

Im using medium on mine cause I want them to last longer than 1 fish and done. But I only make the 4" swimbait.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, porkmeatballs said:

I'm assuming that medium is still pretty soft then? I probably just need to try it out for myself...

Medium plastic is all I buy. I keep a bottle of softener and hardener on hand in case I want a little different action to the plastic. most of my crappie baits get a little softener and everything else I've done so far has been just straight medium.

• Like 1