bassmaster0726

Dead on plastix

1 hour ago, Frank said:

That plastic is Calhoun’s. The same plastic bear used to sell. Just need to find another repackager. Does not make any sense why another plastic company sell there competitors brand.

There is no other repackagers, Its them or direct. What really dont make sense is to supply your competitor, But.....

1 hour ago, Frank said:

That plastic is Calhoun’s. The same plastic bear used to sell. Just need to find another repackager. Does not make any sense why another plastic company sell there competitors brand.

I think you will find why, is because it works the best for most people. 

5 minutes ago, Frank said:

Yes calhouns is good plastic but baitjunkies is just repackaged not a brand. Funny when bear had it not many were praising it like now. Same stuff different package. 

Firstly, we dont sell it any longer.  And there is a huge difference in the process. Were we packaged the entire contents via drum or tote, vs being dispensed as sold from a drum pump.

Until you have used both in side x side i think speculation is premature.  In 5 years I have had complaints of bubbles. Never a single complaint in consitancy. 

I know you like to flex your knowledge around, but i always found it funny how some know more about my business then I do.

Its still calhouns plastic in the end. Maybe bear never took the air out but it was the same stuff. As for knowledge of consistency most of what happens is user error. And now there is a lot of information on the forum about these type of things.  I flex my knowledge here to help not to sell.

Edited by Frank
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Frank you know as well as I do. Regardless of what name is on the drum. Improperly handled plastic with a few gallons of plastic taken out. no longer the "same" plastic.  There almost all using the same key ingridients, the mix is what defines it. I know you dont help, to sell, but sometimes it surely seems your post are geared to unsell other folks.

And you also know that service is as much of the brand as the product.

Edited by Baitjunkys

So you know how bear handled his drums? Talking about knowing someone elses business. I am just pointing out that the product they all praise is and always will be available to them.It has been way before anyone started reselling it. It is not something that is new. Calhouns will sell to anyone who will buy a drum. But they dont sell smaller quantities. 

1 hour ago, DaveMc1 said:

That is exactly how David himself told me he was processing it, pre-packaged very little of it. 

So you know he did not stir it, even if he knew better and lost money when he had to replace it. Sounds like you only heard what you wanted from that conversation. He sold a lot of plastic for a long time and many brands and you are saying he was not carefull?  Anyone that does this knows it need mixing before you use or repackages. Just because he used a drum pump does not mean it is bad. I still use one to this day. 

1 hour ago, bryanmc said:

So, I can put an "M" on the front of my pickup and say I made it?    I'd probably still have to take it to the Chevy dealer for warranty work though...   LOL

You ever seen me say I made it?  Look at half your fishing gear, same manufacturer different label...

• Like 1

On 4/15/2018 at 1:06 PM, Frank said:

It was only a matter of time, I was wondering when someone would notice that Bait Plastics and Poly Sol have the same address.  

I've had several individuals make contact asking me questions pertaining to the issue of manufacture and I had no answer because it isn't any of my business until I have to take the time to answer them.  As this site is designed to help people it would serve to clarify a couple of questions.  Was Baitjunky receiving a "special mix' from Calhoun? & is Poly Sol duplicating it or is it genuine Calhoun as it's being represented?  

This will go a long way to clearing this up, I'd appreciate it and I'm sure others will be as well. 

44 minutes ago, JBuff said:

It was only a matter of time, I was wondering when someone would notice that Bait Plastics and Poly Sol have the same address.  

I've had several individuals make contact asking me questions pertaining to the issue of manufacture and I had no answer because it isn't any of my business until I have to take the time to answer them.  As this site is designed to help people it would serve to clarify a couple of questions.  Was Baitjunky receiving a "special mix' from Calhoun? & is Poly Sol duplicating it or is it genuine Calhoun as it's being represented?  

This will go a long way to clearing this up, I'd appreciate it and I'm sure others will be as well. 

Jbuff, I will clarify your question.

Baitplastics and polysol share the exact same address, Makes it very convenient for them to dispense directly from the batcher into gallon jugs, 5 gallon buckets etc, so there definitely should be no consistency issues there.

Baitjunkys bought and repackaged calhoun plastic. Due to insurance reasons, Calhoun did not want there name on the jug, Reason I paid 400 a month in liability insurance, Part of making it our brand. We never at any point told any individual we made or manufactured the plastic.

The plastic Baitplastics currently has in stock branding the baitjunkys label, was shipped by me from my address to there physical location, It is 100% the exact product we always have sold. The biggest benefit that came from it is they degassed the entire shipment at one time, and packaged it the same day.

Last I was told they will continue to sell the baitjunkys branded plastisol in its original form.

1 hour ago, Baitjunkys said:

Baitjunkys bought and repackaged calhoun plastic. Due to insurance reasons, Calhoun did not want there name on the jug,

When did that start?  All the Calhoun I bought from Bear and Del (along with Poly One and Chemionics) had the manufacturers name on the jug and if I remember correctly Bear had his name on it as well.  Every place I've ever seen that sells MF says it's MF.  I can't see how them not having their name on it would relieve them of any responsibility since at the end of the day, they are the ones who produced it (sort of like the "sue the gun maker" thing that's happening these days.   I can't how many times I've steered people looking for Calhoun to your website only to have them tell me they couldn't find it there, all you sold was baitjunkys plastic.

48 minutes ago, bryanmc said:

When did that start?  All the Calhoun I bought from Bear and Del (along with Poly One and Chemionics) had the manufacturers name on the jug and if I remember correctly Bear had his name on it as well.  Every place I've ever seen that sells MF says it's MF.  I can't see how them not having their name on it would relieve them of any responsibility since at the end of the day, they are the ones who produced it (sort of like the "sue the gun maker" thing that's happening these days.   I can't how many times I've steered people looking for Calhoun to your website only to have them tell me they couldn't find it there, all you sold was baitjunkys plastic.

regardless of when what who or how. I think i clarified the questions asked.