Skimpy

way to make underspins using the Swimbait Head without having to modifying the mold

21 minutes ago, Skimpy said:

My buddy wanted to make some underspins and liked the Swimbait Head.  So we came up with a way to make underspins using the Swimbait Head without having to modifying the mold.  I think they came out pretty nice !  Let me know what you think !

https://youtu.be/6J1G2tIqhW4

That is slick!

41 minutes ago, Basseducer said:

Skimpy, just be careful that the wire is not too short. I have done some others and the blade tucked under the swimbait and did not turn with too short of a wire. Just mu two cents.

Yeah I was keeping that in mind when I was cutting the wire.  Thanks !!!!1

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, LimpNoodle said:

I'd think it would be quicker to modify the mold and just cut the extra lead off.

True, but I'd hate to mod a mold that im not going to use that much and have to cut extra lead every time.  If i was to make a bunch of them I'd buy another mold mod it and to make it permanent.    

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Skimpy said:

True, but I'd hate to mod a mold that im not going to use that much and have to cut extra lead every time.  If i was to make a bunch of them I'd buy another mold mod it and to make it permanent.    

Like your videos a lot, keep making them. Not much to clean up after the mod, but I understand your point.

Swimbait Head 01.jpg

• Thanks 1

Thanks for sharing guys.   I like both of your mods/ ideas. The trimmed tail  idea is nice and should allow  for larger  bodied baits to snug up to the head without to much compression making a better fit.

Keep thinking outside the box. Cheers

7 minutes ago, Dink Master said:

I think I used the WEY375 Wire Form for Do-It Molds on the Poisontail.

https://www.barlowstackle.com/WEY375-Wire-Form-for-Do-It-Molds-P3409.aspx

The Swimbait head I used  Hammered Spoon Wire Form cut in half.

https://www.barlowstackle.com/Hammered-Spoon-Wire-Form-P899.aspx

Awesome. Which hook did tou use for the poisontail?? I like how it has a big line tie. Id like to try the newer gamakatsu 375

19 hours ago, Megabassnasty said:

Awesome. Which hook did tou use for the poisontail?? I like how it has a big line tie. Id like to try the newer gamakatsu 375

Any Spinnerbait Hook used with a Figure 8 Link

VMC 7250BN Spinnerbait Hook 3/0  4/0

Mustad Short Shank 4/0

Gamakatsu Round Bend Worm Hook 4/0

Straight Shank Flipping hooks

It is not a line tie. It is a Figure 8 Link  with a blade attached. Bladed Jig ( Chatterbait)