JBassin

All purpose/grass jig

Hey guys.  Have enjoyed reading the site for a while and it is time to get my first mold.  I was hoping I can get some recommendations for my first mold.  I'm looking for an all purpose mold that would also be effective through some thick grass.  I'd like to have a stout hook with a wide gap.  Any suggestions?

I bought a Do-It's Bullet jighead mold (1/4, 3/8, and 1/2 ounce heads) and use the 30 degree 4/0 Mustad heavy wire jig hook with it.  I'm very pleased with t he results and how easily it comes through weeds.  I've tried other head designs, but the Bullet is the most weedless.

Edited by Jeff Hahn

14 hours ago, Jeff Hahn said:

I bought a Do-It's Bullet jighead mold (1/4, 3/8, and 1/2 ounce heads) and use the 30 degree 4/0 Mustad heavy wire jig hook with it.  I'm very pleased with t he results and how easily it comes through weeds.  I've tried other head designs, but the Bullet is the most weedless.

Thanks for the response.  I was looking at that one but didn't know if it would also work with some other applications I have for it.  I think I am going to go with the Weedless casting jig.

6 hours ago, cadman said:

Weedless Casting Jig works really well, also similar to the Bullet head mentioned above only Casting jig has eye sockets and a variety of sizes. #3465 and #3466 Do-It Molds

What hook would you use? The Mustad 91768NP-BN Jig Hook or the VMC wide gap?  Is there a different option that I am missing?