Joelh831

How to foil lead saltwater type diamond, speed, flutter jugs.

Hey all. Have a few questions but I’ll start with 2 and go from their.

1-whats the easiest way to foil some saltwater diamond, flutter, speed jigs as a diy from home. 

2- where is the best place to get foil that have nice holographics or even better would be have fish patternes. 

Thanks. 

Probably the easiest is to use Witch Tape, a heavy, stiff adhesive foil sold by fishing outlets.  It comes in various fish scale patterns and colors that you simply cut out and stick on a jig.  But it’s only useful for flat surfaces.  A lot of commercial saltwater spoons and jigs come equipped with this.  If you want foil that conforms to odd shapes, you get into nail and other foils that require a durable topcoat after application, or to heat shrink plastic sleeves manufactured for fishing lures.  All of them can be found with fish scale patterns.

5 hours ago, MDR Tackle said:

It's a real butt pain to get the foil tape to not roll up on the edges. Good luck. Check out Hoopologie.com for some impressive tape options. JigSkinz is an easy option!

Does anyone here pour or have access to unfinished slow pitch vertical jigs, preferably 150-250 grams?

I make a few slow pitch blanks. Feel free to pm me if you like.