The Plastics Man

Liquid UV Treatment

Thanks Frank.

I did go to the website and found the Dip & Glo  range. Not sure if it's obscure in the site or not but I'm looking for an additive to mix into virgin plastisol rather than just dipping the made lure into the bottle. I'm finding the UV reactant powder I have is not dissolving completely  and was advised some time ago about going the liquid method.

18 minutes ago, The Plastics Man said:

Thanks Frank.

I did go to the website and found the Dip & Glo  range. Not sure if it's obscure in the site or not but I'm looking for an additive to mix into virgin plastisol rather than just dipping the made lure into the bottle. I'm finding the UV reactant powder I have is not dissolving completely  and was advised some time ago about going the liquid method.

The stuff you are looking for is in the colorants section of the LureWorks line, called UV-Glo Dye 130

• Like 1

23 hours ago, The Plastics Man said:

Thanks Frank.

I had the same issue... I solved it two ways.

first run the UV powder through a coffee grinder, then take a small amount of the virgin plastic and shake the uv powder into it, this greatly reduces the amount of clumps you will see.

You can do the same thing, without the grinder by adding it to your softener/ worm oil and shaking and adding.

good luck!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Uncle Arnies Tackle said:

I had the same issue... I solved it two ways.

first run the UV powder through a coffee grinder, then take a small amount of the virgin plastic and shake the uv powder into it, this greatly reduces the amount of clumps you will see.

You can do the same thing, without the grinder by adding it to your softener/ worm oil and shaking and adding.

good luck!

I'm getting specks through the finished product after, adding to virgin plastisol. Thought of doing the unthinkable and whisking the plastisol with a mixer on the drill, then heating a little then whisking again before it reached 100c Degree
The specks may be a good thing, Who knows how a fish thinks and how aquatic life exhibits their colouring attributes
I only have the green UV powder but I'm looking for some blues and a red if available

The UV glo 130 seems to be an opaque colour which will be the dominating colour I guess.  I'll send a message to LureWorks to confirm
Thanks for the replies

Untitled.jpg

No the UV stuff is an amber color that can’t be seen unless you add to much. In clear plastic it will take a blue/violet hue and if added to black it looks more of a violet type color. Are you sure you mean UV cause from the pic it looks like glow powder. UV for the most part can only be seen with a black light.  Please clarify so you don’t order the wrong stuff.

Edited by Frank

1 hour ago, Frank said:

No the UV stuff is an amber color that can’t be seen unless you add to much. In clear plastic it will take a blue/violet hue and if added to black it looks more of a violet type color. Are you sure you mean UV cause from the pic it looks like glow powder. UV for the most part can only be seen with a black light.  Please clarify so you don’t order the wrong stuff.

Cheers Frank. As long as it doesn't affect the original intending colour ( unless it is placed under a black light). I do have a lot of clearer transparent colours in my range which I would not want to lose  however, wanting to enhance them through using a UV liquid.

The attached pic is black naturally and the same  under the black light

I have sent off a contact us form to Lureworks and wait for their response 

Untitled2.jpg

Untitled.jpg