Joelh831

Powder coat

Hey guys I'm new to powder paint and wanted to see what's the thinnest powder paint out thier and what other brands besides pro-Tec are out thier. I tried out pro-tec chrome and that was pretty thick. I've seen some powder coated jigs or atleast i think thier powder coat from warbaits and it's super thin almost like paint. Ont their website it say they use "stonepro" powder but after looking for it on line i couldn't find anything. 

Are some powders thinner than other or they all pretty much the same. I'm gets jig head mold made and would like to use a thin coat so I don't loose any of the fine details. 

Thanks 

1 hour ago, andy1976 said:

Candy powder coats are fairly thin. It also depends on how thick you apply it. I use epoxy powder from a local guy and It feels thinner than the usual stuff.

Does pro tec sell epoxy powders or are they epoxy powders any recommendations on brands. 

Thanks 

You will get your thinnest coat by having the jig head as cool as possible and the paint stick to it.  I use a heat gun and heat the heads until the paint will barely stick to them.  They will have a very dull finish to them but once you bake them they will be shiny and hard.  Put on this way I do not get lumps or runs when I bake.

• Like 1