Lucid_Vax

What is the best dye to use?

I prefer to stick to the nonblead colorant. Dye bleeds really bad but does get colors you can't get with the regular colorant. I use colorants from many different companies. Lureworks has great stuff and I like there florescent colors better than most others, I also use Do-its X2 colorant and some stuff from lurecraft. MF also has a very good variety of colorants to choose from.

• Thanks 2

You can use powderpaint or mica powder if you allready got those.

Just remember to mix the powder paint with a little plastic first before you put in the rest of the plastic you want to heat,

This is because it is difficult to get it mixed if done the other way.

You could check btowstore.com for mica.

The flouroscent powders are really brigth and seems to take reheating really well.

Have you checked the colourant from Lurefactors, i dont think his prices is to steep...

On 8/30/2018 at 7:59 PM, Lucid_Vax said:

What is the best dye to use when making soft plastics? I want something good but also cheap. What colors should I get for being in Northern California? Also what is the best glitter, also cheap?

I would go for Lurecraft myself. I had good luck with them in the past. I just placed my first order with Lureworks and they screwed up my shipping so far it looks like their customer service is trash.

4 hours ago, Alakai said:

I would go for Lurecraft myself. I had good luck with them in the past. I just placed my first order with Lureworks and they screwed up my shipping so far it looks like their customer service is trash.

Did you call them? Did they talk to you badly, treat you badly? Or are you just saying they are trash because they had a screw up? I gauge customer service on how well they help resolve problems, No one is perfect.

• Like 1

Placed an order on Friday. Of course I knew it would not ship before Monday. Holiday weekend and all. Had it shipped Priority 2day as noted on the site, on the options and on the receipt they emailed me. When I got the tracking it said expected delivery is on Friday. I questioned them and the CS manager sent me back an email basically blowing me off saying they sent it as they should. Followed up again pointing out the same info I just mentioned above and again, she blew me off and told me I might want to contact USPS. Customer service is complete trash as I thought it might be and I won't get my stuff until Friday. Good lesson learned with dealing with them.

I fully understand that a bunch of you all use their stuff all over the place and since I am new to this am the outlier but I will prefer to send my orders elsewhere where I can.

I thought you may have some affiliation with them, from Georgia and all and you literally just quoted them. All good.

USPS Priority mail clearly indicates on USPS to take 1-3 days.

When I ordered it said 2 day, when I received the receipt it said 2 day.

Sure it may be an estimate but going from 2 days to 4 is unreasonable.

Again, understood I could be the anomaly since I am new and you all seem to enjoy them. So go ahead, I am noting my experience and my own thoughts about the company

Sure thing, since you run a business I am sure you understand then that what you present on your site, advertising or labeling is your responsibility and is part of your business.

Again, the options on the shipping pull down menu on their website clearly identified Priority 2-day that cost more than the standard.

The receipt I was emailed from the company clearly shows Priority 2-day, again with an increase in the cost.

My thoughts are as a customer is that I made a purchase that will get to me in 2 days with a reasonable understanding that I ordered it on a holiday weekend and it would not ship until Monday.

If you are of the understanding that I am being unreasonable, then that is fine. I paid for 2 day, I was confirmed 2 day but it is going to take 4 and it's some other entities fault. I did not choose this entity, the company did. I made no arrangements with this entity, the company did. I did not program their website to show 2 day, the company did or had someone do it. I did not send a confirmation with 2 day, the company did.

Again, you may have your thoughts, I have mine.

I'd be upset if I paid for two day shipping and got it in four and I'd be looking for a refund because I'm so tight I squeak when I walk.

That said, the only recourse is to take it up with the USPS. It's not like LureWorks (or any other company) has any control or say in how the USPS/UPS/FedEx etc ship packages. The Junky is right.

1 minute ago, Driftwood said:

So if you send someone a package 2 day priority with conformation and it takes the post office 4 days, is it your fault? I don't think so. You can't blame the business for USPS shortcomings. Once it leaves their facility, they have no control over shipping.

No, the package is scheduled for delivery on Friday not that there was a mishap and there were unexpected delays. That's different

i placed an order with lureworks on monday, also paid for 2-day shipping (its like $1.50 more, no big deal!) and wont get mine until saturday, while i would like my stuff earlier, i dont think that lureworks has anything to do with it after it leaves their facility. i think with the volume usps is dealing with this time of year there are some delays, it sucks, but not much can be done about it.

this is only my 3rd order with lureworks, but the first 2 were perfect, got them in 2 days, no issues at all. dont let one bad experience with the post office sour you on a good company.

16 minutes ago, Canga~ said:

. i think with the volume usps is dealing with this time of year there are some delays, it sucks, but not much can be done about it.

And there it is.  I go into our post office every day, and it's been a madhouse lately.  I'll bet you won't have the same problem in January. 

24 minutes ago, Canga~ said:

dont let one bad experience with the post office sour you on a good company.

How can we say it better than this? While I personally have not yet placed an order with LureWorks I plan on doing so soon. This thread is the very first time I've heard anything negative about any of the better known lure crafting suppliers, molds or otherwise.

Well, there was that nasty business with BTS but it seems that mess is getting cleaned up. In the case of BTS, sometimes life happens and they are trying to fix things now so good on them.