Parishomme

Bojon Cd/Dvd Tube Dipping

6 hours ago, Parishomme said:

Hello 

I would like to know where can I purchase bojon cd/dvd on how to make dipping tubes. Since bojon is no longer with us I would like to know if any of you members can burn me a cd/dvd or sell me a copy. For my own use. Please pm me with info

thanks

It's been a long time but I remember a thread and I believe he gave permission to post here, not sure if it still exists but try doing a search I don't think it would be appropriate for someone to sell you his work though

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Parishomme said:

Since this site is to educate, and share information, ideas, advice, with other members I dont see why this would be a problem 

At one time I had clips of it that he had sent.  Not for sure if I still have them but will search to see what I have as it might have been more than clips.

• Like 1

Good luck, I've tried for YEARS now to get anyone to post those videos

no one will do it, don't know why. He gave his  permission, he never had a single problem sharing, there are guys that have it that are on her.  When I say years I mean  since he past away, yet nothing from nobody, I get amazingly weak excuses.

i just don't get it, I finally said screw it, I'm not got to beg anyone, I just bought a tube mold, that has to be the single most difficult info to get I've ever seen on this site. I just don't get it. guys that have it are just tight lipped, again no matter what reason they give, it's weak. From I need permission ( which he gave) to I'll post it up later ( still waiting ) most frustrating subject as you can tell.

Ok I  am calling out for help on this subject and want borjon information Members Really wow ! I am truely disappointed in the really weak responses or excuses by members of this site. You know who you are, members that are just sitting back and who have this information available and who are refusing to share this information with other members. What's the big deal, and all the secrets. I truely believed that this site was to educate, inform, share ideas, and to help others! Why are you guys being so tighlipped about this privilaged information that was once given here by borjon. He was willing to share his knowledge and to help others and anyone who requested  help from him and gave permission to post his videos or pictures on this site on tube dipping  without any reservation.  Thanks alot  for you help.

Edited by Parishomme

3 hours ago, mark poulson said:

Dumb question time.

I've dipped to make tubes a few times, but not a lot.

I always used a rod, and dipped them vertically into my plastic.

How is horizontal dipping different from how Roger Linnell does it?

I'm not a dipper, that's just a video I found. I pour into my molds, let set a few seconds and pour it back out

20131122_144127_zpsaa4eba51.jpg

7 hours ago, mark poulson said:

Dumb question time.

I've dipped to make tubes a few times, but not a lot.

I always used a rod, and dipped them vertically into my plastic.

How is horizontal dipping different from how Roger Linnell does it?

I dip vertical also. I think Bojon dipped horizontal to get more dips before adding more plastic.

You only need about 3/4 of a inch to dip a horizontal rod.

You need 5 inches of plastic to dip a vertical rod. I have to add more plastic after a few tubes.

He might start off with more plastic then vertical dippers, but will get a lot more tubes out of 1 batch of plastic

PS - Any Delta tips (baits)

6 hours ago, Dink Master said:

I dip vertical also. I think Bojon dipped horizontal to get more dips before adding more plastic.

You only need about 3/4 of a inch to dip a horizontal rod.

You need 5 inches of plastic to dip a vertical rod. I have to add more plastic after a few tubes.

He might start off with more plastic then vertical dippers, but will get a lot more tubes out of 1 batch of plastic

PS - Any Delta tips (baits)

This is what I found last Saturday.

Fish are in the tules around flooded islands in shallower areas.

Green pumpkin and black/blue wacky rig 6" senkos, fat 7" roboworms drop shot (MM3, Oxblood red flake), chatterbaits (GP Zako) and spinnerbaits (bluegill), 2.5 squarebills ( (delta red, bluegill) whopper plopper early, or at high tide near through spots with current.

I'm going out again Monday.  Hit me up after that.

Mark

Awesome! Finally we have broke the spell , at last some new information that I'm sure many members are grateful with what you have started & have shared! A Fact There are probably many others who follow or visit this site with ideas & the knowledge but are not willing to share. But for now true we still don't have again borjon information on tube dipping.

57 minutes ago, Dink Master said:

If I remember correctly Bojon  used a steel bread loaf pan on a hot plate.

Stirring the hot plastic with a wood tongue depressor.

Hope this picture helps.

PS - Thanks Mark

Tube Dipping.jpg

Yep that's the way I remember it but to be quite honest the process is quite simple I had his video but I think I passed it on to someone on another forum but the above process was how it was done but there was trimming involved it wasn't a clean process like vertical dipping provides and then there are the tube molds for which I changed to and never looked back

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, gone2long said:

Yep that's the way I remember it but to be quite honest the process is quite simple I had his video but I think I passed it on to someone on another forum but the above process was how it was done but there was trimming involved it wasn't a clean process like vertical dipping provides and then there are the tube molds for which I changed to and never looked back

I agree his process was not as clean. Vertical dipping a lot cleaner, I make tubes for myself, I think he made them to sell?

I have 4 tube molds, I make more tubes with my molds. I rarely dip.

Glad I could help.

11 minutes ago, Dink Master said:

I agree his process was not as clean. Vertical dipping a lot cleaner, I make tubes for myself, I think he made them to sell?

I have 4 tube molds, I make more tubes with my molds. I rarely dip.

Glad I could help.

Yeah I think what people are missing here is that he was doing this before all the goodies and tech stuff we now have he was doing tubes when no one else was and the days of plaster molds were still king:worship: