earthworm77

Trying to track down a few RC .5 bodies

1 hour ago, MonteSS said:

New year is an S crank. Flicker is a Little John I believe. D7 is a #7 Shad Rap/Berkley Flicker Shad

I thought the New Year looked like the S Crank but I couldn't tell from the gills when comparing it to a photo on TW. Many thanks!!!

Do you have any experience with the New Year on the water?

I have fished the Predator ones and dont care for them. Body is so bulbous and buoyant. I much prefer a stand squarebill.  I didn't see any "searching" action that the real MB one claims.

But others love em so what do I know.

I did catch an 8# channel cat on one tho.  

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Dangerfield said:

I thought the New Year looked like the S Crank but I couldn't tell from the gills when comparing it to a photo on TW. Many thanks!!!

Do you have any experience with the New Year on the water?

I have fished the Cedar Run version and like it.  A six pound bass also liked it, so now I like it even more.

I have used the Predator s-crank. It hunts with a fast retrieve. If you don't get the same results, try a lighter belly hook, lighter topcoat. The same weight, weight distribution, lip, and shape produce the same results. They have to, or every other Boeing 747 wouldn't be capable of flight . The question is which suppliers / manufacturers will pay attention to such details. The origional S-crank is also mass produced in China. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1