Faithfishing

Cheap airbrushes on eBay?

They work ok for just general spraying. I use one to shoot my white base coats.. they are not good though and have tons of overspray. 

The master g22 and g23 is about the only cheap half-way decent airbrush out there IMO. I have one of those and often pick it up if I am running two colors at once, if you get the .2 needle kit you can shoot some decent detail with that brush. If you are just getting into airbrushing and not sure if you really want to stick with it or not- get that brush. At the very least you will have a workable backup brush later if you upgrade. 0.3 needle is the basic middle-ground size that will pretty much do it all. 

• Like 1

I had a paasche VL-1 that got me going in painting blanks and had some air leak issues that were getting frustrating, so i figured what the heck I'm going to "TRY" an el-cheapo.

The Master G23 seemed to fit the bill and Found a re-branded one on amazon, when I got it it said it was a master and instructions indicated a G23:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005H3FMBW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It does OK, you have to really get the consistency and pressure correct by playing with it on paper then going to your bait.

It does NOT like any paints with flake, i.e. metalics. Probably need a .5 needle for those.

For $15 it has worked well for me, but I am sure a nice Iwata would be less finiky in paint consistency and pressure.

They will work to get you started, but might lead to some frustration, which lead to stopping the hobby.  Just know a high dollar airbrush will probably perform a lot better and make things more enjoyable.

So I bought and started with an Iwata Neo. It seems to shoot ok but I have nothing to compare it to. I do get some splatter issues so I don't know if the paint is to thin or not thin enough, so I'm still working on it. I know that metallic and florescent colors need to be thinned more then opaque colors to be able to pass through the gun. Can anyone share there opinion with there experience with the Neo?