normans

What mold do i use?

SPJ-3-ATK  Do-It Trokar Pro Swim Jig Mold. Pour without the weedguard and use one split ring and you're good to go. The completed bait would look similar to the attached pic below. If you have any questions about the construction feel free to ask.

DSC_0542.thumb.JPG.840433fee3fcf55f82730db1cbc346c4.JPG

Edited by cadman

I already have that mold so that is a good thing , one of my problems is that there are so many sizes of things like split rings and blades and duo lock snaps that you have to get . I some how almost always buy the wrong size and get something you would use to catch a great white shark  not a Black bass ! Thank you for your help I am down here in Texas  living the dream !

1 hour ago, normans said:

I already have that mold so that is a good thing , one of my problems is that there are so many sizes of things like split rings and blades and duo lock snaps that you have to get . I some how almost always buy the wrong size and get something you would use to catch a great white shark  not a Black bass ! Thank you for your help I am down here in Texas  living the dream !

Normans,

BTW welcome to TU. Give me about and hour, and I will get you the split ring size and  snap lock size that I use . Just and FYI, You can use whatever you want. On the blades, I've only seen them in one size, with and without bubbler holes. However I remeber seeing a blade for a musky chatter that was bigger, but don't remember where. You can get the blades, split rings, lock snaps and blade decals from LPO.

Normans,

This is what I use:

#2 Duo-lock Snap

#2 Split Ring

For the hooks, I use Eagle Claw  EL 2706. The reason being is these hooks have a bigger hook eye, that lets the split ring move freely in there. In the 1/4 oz a 4/0 will fit, in the 3/8 oz a 5/0 will fit and in the 1/2 oz a 5/0 and a 6/0. These are very heavy strong hooks.

Edited by cadman
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, cadman said:

SPJ-3-ATK  Do-It Trokar Pro Swim Jig Mold. Pour without the weedguard and use one split ring and you're good to go. The completed bait would look similar to the attached pic below. If you have any questions about the construction feel free to ask.

That bait looks great.

I use the Do-It sparkie head mold myself as it is the closest to the original as I can get.

Allen

On 1/28/2019 at 12:40 PM, cadman said:

You are a magician!

17 hours ago, mark poulson said:

You are a magician!

Mark,

That can't be true. Because if I was a magician, I would be able to load up the boat with fish and become a professional fisherman.  Maybe my "Magical" jigs aren't really that magical. :(:(:(

18 hours ago, normans said:

I just wanted to show how well the chatter bait came out. The information you all gave me was spot on I think it turned out real good, as you can see in the picture I sent !  

IMG_0883.JPG

Very nice looking bait, glad everything worked out for you. Now you're hooked and you will stimulate the economy by buying more and more and more.