Cole's Customs

Bloodline swimbaits

Alright, I just made my first batch.  Mind you, I am a beginner and my only experience so far is with Do It Essential molds.  Anyway, I'm super happy with the way they pour and work.  I had problems with two of the six eyes on the first run but solved the problem on subsequent batches by pushing the eye in the socket more firmly.  No problems after that.  The lake is frozen, so I can't give you an "action" report yet, but they are my new favorites.  The color changed some on the second and third batches, I think because I added oil.  It might also have been from the reheating.  The bloodlines were easy and the eyes are soft eyes from Spike it.  I'm not sure if I have to dip these or not.

IMG_4621.JPG

IMG_9337.JPG

• Like 1

Just poured my first Bloodline laminates with my four and five inch molds.  I'm pretty slow and it is time consuming but I'm very happy with the outcome.  I chose a patriotic theme for this practice. The lake is still frozen but I tried a five inch one in the river below the dam.  With moving water it is a little more difficult to judge action (for me at least). Also, I hate to waste plastic so I ended up reheating many times.  The glitter suffered a little.

IMG_0821.JPG

IMG_1549.JPG

Edited by joe406
  • Like 1

Buddy went last weekend.  Slammed some great fish at the bend.  Had one over 8 lbs.  Caught 10 over 6, 4 over 5, and then a bunch of 3's.  He fished 4 straight days and had a blast.  He took pics and released.  We made every bait before he left.  Craws did the most damage with flukes but he caught 4 nice fish on the bloodline.

• Like 1