Tuna

A couple guys walk into my garage...

Want me to duplicate this if possible. Bomber Fat Free Shad 8-10 round lip. Guess a few years back Gander had these on closeout. They told me it's the only consistent fish catcher in Iowa. Don't have a model #. Any unpainted bodies resemble this crank? I told them if I can't, just get a red fine line sharpie and go to work. One guy asked what's that? Hmmm? I showed them a 1.5DD, that body too thick.

190318 Bomber Fat Free Shad 8-10.jpg

It's definitely a Fat Free Shad "Fingerling". Bill Dance originally endorsed for Excalibur then Bomber. Both were Pradco brands. From what an "expert' told me Excalibur lures was merged into the Heddon line a few years back. Bomber produced many of these "specials" for big box sporting goods stores some even packaged in Excalibur packaging. The "specials" were patterns that didn't make the cut in their main product line. The Excaliburs actually had better paint jobs. The plastic crankbait blank marketed by either name is exactly the same! Below is a 2009 1/4 oz 2.25" Excalibur Fat Free BD5F w/#6 trebles. So those guys will be told "get the red fine line sharpie out and do some similar bleed marks and gill plates on your other Fat Frees."

190318 Bomber Fat Free Shad 8-10.jpg

I had a lot of the Excalibur stuff at one time (still probably have several dozen) as the local Kroger's grocery store hand a shopping cart full of them for some reason when I was in college in the 90's.  I think they were between 0.25 to 0.75 cents a piece.

I sold a lot of them during those years.  

• Like 1