fishon-son

powder paint fluid bed

ive been using coffee filters to hold the paint in the cup   everything works well  but theres lost under the filter in the bottom of the cup....I notice a guy at the fishing show was selling cups with lids and had a plastic bottom that was the filter he kept the paint in the cup pulled it out put the lid on and put in another cup that already had paint in in  quick change.....what the plastic called that's used as the filter   air comes right through it...

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 11:54 AM, Kasilofchrisn said:

It's called fluidizing plate.

I've bought some before.

I'm not sure it's really that much of an advantage.

I mostly use Tyvek on mine now.

thanks.....if I got that plate  could I leave the paint in the cup and just change cups...I do a lot of colors.....more bigger bait..1 oz  1 1/4  1 1/2 ..for walleye jigging ….wheredo I getit from......

41 minutes ago, fishon-son said:

thanks.....if I got that plate  could I leave the paint in the cup and just change cups...I do a lot of colors.....more bigger bait..1 oz  1 1/4  1 1/2 ..for walleye jigging ….wheredo I getit from......

Personally I never dump a fluid bed cup and/or clean it out.

At least not unless I'm getting rid rid of or am out of that paint color all together.

It doesn't matter whether my cups have fluidizing played in them Tyvek or whatever I have a heated dry area to store them and I've not had issues storing my paint in the cups.

I do use knockout test caps as lids to keep foreign objects out of my paint while it's being stored.

You can buy fluidizing plate from McMaster-Carr.

I bought some on eBay once but when I was asked to find the vendor again I wasn't able to find them.

I'm guessing it was a one-time deal for the seller.

Just be aware when I cut my own fluidizing plate I was not able to find a hole saw the exact size of the inside diameter of a 2 inch PVC pipe.

That meant I had to find the closest hole saw that was bigger and then used a belt sander to sand them down to the correct dimensions to go in the cups.

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 10:50 AM, Kasilofchrisn said:

Personally I never dump a fluid bed cup and/or clean it out.

At least not unless I'm getting rid rid of or am out of that paint color all together.

It doesn't matter whether my cups have fluidizing played in them Tyvek or whatever I have a heated dry area to store them and I've not had issues storing my paint in the cups.

I do use knockout test caps as lids to keep foreign objects out of my paint while it's being stored.

You can buy fluidizing plate from McMaster-Carr.

I bought some on eBay once but when I was asked to find the vendor again I wasn't able to find them.

I'm guessing it was a one-time deal for the seller.

Just be aware when I cut my own fluidizing plate I was not able to find a hole saw the exact size of the inside diameter of a 2 inch PVC pipe.

That meant I had to find the closest hole saw that was bigger and then used a belt sander to sand them down to the correct dimensions to go in the cups.

thank you.....I do have a mill so maybe I can set up a fly cutter with a grooving cutter.....ill look at McMaster carr  we have a account with them at the shop......thanks again