whackett

chartruse paint

Starting with a fluorescent yellow is a good place to begin, but any lighter yellow you can get the right end result fairly easily.  Mix mostly your yellow and add a tiny amount of a light blue like teal.  Then adjust it by adding more blue or yellow as needed to get the right shade.  I start with a couple drops of yellow and only add maybe half a drop of teal.

• Like 1

You’d have to decide if you are talking about green chartreuse or yellow chartreuse. Technically there’s not just a “chartreuse” as a color, as both are named after the respective French Liquer. But in reality in fishing people seem to call either type “chartreuse”.

For paint though I would choose a bright, cool yellow, such as lemon yellow  and add a little bright green or bright greenish blue. When you still have yellow but it appears to you as a greenish yellow, to me that is yellow chartreuse. If you keep adding a little more so it appears to be halfway between bright yellow and bright green, that’s what I think of of as green chartreuse.

8F0B15EA-112E-4D14-838F-90B6385C00B6.jpeg

Edited by clemmy
  • Like 2