Socal399

Post your pics of your work station and/or man cave

Hey everyone. Just starting out making my own baits. And was wondering if you’d can post pictures of your workshop, man cave, bait making station, work bench or whatever you want to call it. Lol. Looking for ideas on how to set up and organize my work area in the garage. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I already did some searches and a lot or the post are good but outdated or don’t have pics. 

Thank you everyone! Can’t wait to see what  ideas and tips u guys have!!!! 

I have a 12 ft bench in my shop/bait shack. From left to right 4 ft of it

is a small wire shelf that hold all my color , flake  and  additives . 2 ft off free board space for general purpose. The last 6 feet is where all the majic happens.  30 inch hood vent with 2 mics with storage below for baits and curing. More than enough room to do what I want.

• Like 1

I have invaded the small apartment we have above the garage for my painting and plastics.  Not much in the way of ventilation in the winter...:nono:, open windows in the summer. My wife has allowed me this space.  We have an old (nice though) entertainment center that is too small to house current size TVs, making it all but worthless.  I have all of my paints, molds, and supplies not in use in this entertainment center.  Lots of cardboard box "storage containers".  An old cd player finishes out the setup.  All my lead work is done in the garage below.

• Like 1

On 5/30/2019 at 6:50 PM, alsworms said:

Man that's awesome!  I sure couldn't have shown you my work place because I was probably the most unorganized pourer on the planet.  But at least I knew where everything was, so there's that........:D

Mines the same exact way, but i know where every single thing is too.:D

Edited by Les Young
  • Haha 2

This photo is a few years old....since it was taken my glitter rack expanded a wee bit LMAO and I installed a new exhaust hood extension. I also have a de-molding bench, a curing racks area and shelving for my bulk glitter, pearls and colorant....all in a small section in the basement, that my lovely wife has yet to claim as eminent domain :)

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, s1rGr1nG0 said:

Here’s mine. The color and glitter rack is just to left of the workbench.

C3CE83D7-D0D1-4F5E-9EB3-8533E94839FB.jpeg

D38FAB92-ED82-44BD-9EBD-1D54F2037C25.jpeg

Wow like your set up! Thanks for the pics and ideas. Still in the process of building up my bench and storage area for supplies. Like the idea of zip locks for leftovers. Might steal that one for sure lol 

Edited by Socal399

Just noticed this thread was in the soft baits forum, so i guess i could provide a little more info on the soft bait section of my bench

Ventilation was the cerntral point of the design.. when i first built the bench i was working out of a little space in the hallway to the laundry room of our old house.. there were no windows in the room, so i came up with the idea of venting thru the floor (which was a valid option since it was a mobile home)... then came the obstacle of airflow, the amount of CFM i needed for the *whole room* would have warranted an awful big hole in the floor.... solution: don't vent the whole room, rather confine the working space to a small 2'x2' box, then the proper airflow can be acheived using a small inline duct fan

When we moved into the new house with a shed in the back yard the design was still preferable... nobody wants a wide open window in winter (or in the heat of Texas summer).... its quiet, weather friendly, and most important it works

20191027_140011.jpg