wallyc14

Airbrush question

I have decided to buy a new airbrush as I have found my limits with the cheap one I have.

i do a lot of airbrush work on soft plastics . I have for a 3-4 years and my favorite Crankbaits 

are now no longer made so I have bought 20 in a color that won’t work for me and decided to paint them. What I would like to know is 

1-Iwata eclipse is it worth the money? 

2- will it shot a clear with .008 glitter in it?

Thank you for all the help!

31 minutes ago, wallyc14 said:

I am using kbs to clear so I was hoping to use glitter in the createx gloss clear I have then dip. That was the major problem I am having with the airbrush I have.

I think you'll have trouble trying to shoot glitter through most air brushes.  The particles are just too big.  They won't shoot through my HP-C.

I add mine to Createx transparent base, and brush it on, like Mohawkman.

First, the HPCS is very much worth the money. It is NOT going to shoot glitter, however. Brushing on clear gloss or 4030 is an option. I don't know for sure, but something like a Passche VL with the big 1.something needle/nozzle might do it. I have said gun and I may try it this weekend.

How could you shoot .08 glitter through a .02-.03 airbrush... I use a .05 airbrush and I shoot some ultra fine glitter paint just fine... Dipping/brushing KBS is easy. I'd never run it through my airbrush. 

I buy these airbrush's and super happy with them for my needs. If I want detail, I use a stencil. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Gravity-Feed-Dual-Action-7CC-Airbrush-Paint-Spray-Gun-Kit-for-Toys-Nail-Care/173685950458?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=472360764798&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Gravity-Feed-Dual-Action-7CC-Airbrush-Paint-Spray-Gun-Kit-for-Toys-Nail-Care

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 21xdc said:

How could you shoot .08 glitter through a .02-.03 airbrush... I use a .05 airbrush and I shoot some ultra fine glitter paint just fine... Dipping/brushing KBS is easy. I'd never run it through my airbrush. 

I buy these airbrush's and super happy with them for my needs. If I want detail, I use a stencil. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Gravity-Feed-Dual-Action-7CC-Airbrush-Paint-Spray-Gun-Kit-for-Toys-Nail-Care/173685950458?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=472360764798&_

I don't believe I've ever seen a .o anything nozzle. My brushes are .19 .35 .58, I doubt a .035 would shoot anything but pure liquid.

Specs for brush in your link:

Specification:
Condition:100% Brand New
Material: metal 
Color: As Pictures Shown
Feed type: Gravity.
Nozzle diameter: 0.2mm, 0.3mm, 0.5mm(optional)
Capacity of feed cup: 7CC
Size: approx.19*10*3cm/7.5*3.9*1.2in
Weight: Approx.152g/5.4oz

I have applied glitter mixed with the top coat of D2T or Solarex most of the time.  The only other way I have applied it is to shoot the Createx medium like Illustration Base to an area that I wanted glitter then sprinkle the glitter over the area.  That way if I only wanted some red glitter on the red down the sides and/or on the cheek of a rainbow trout, I could spray only that area lightly with createx and then sprinkle red glitter lightly over that and it will only stick where it is wet with the createx.

If you are going to try and spray the glitter with your airbrush.  Keep in mind that if your are using an airbrush with a 0.5 nozzle, you don't have an opening of 0.5 unless you have the needle pulled all the way back.  With a 2 stage airbrush, down with the trigger for air then rock the trigger back to feed the medium.  You are going to have to rock the trigger all the way back to have a 0.5 orifice.  If the needle is in the nozzle at all, you have a 0.25 opening or less.  Hope that reads ok.

• Like 1