Tally

chatterbait gurus please chime in

3 hours ago, edgecrusher said:

Poison tail works well, that’s a 5/0 gamakatsu spinnerbait hook.

zman don’t appear to have extended the patent to Australia luckily.

7A042FE0-A0E6-4489-BBFB-9B8992A33BF6.jpeg

that looks nice and you are lucky but I doubt their patent goes outside the U.S....... when you open the eye, did you have to modify the mold a bit to except the hook eye?  just trying to beat the trial and error lol

19 hours ago, Tally said:

that looks nice and you are lucky but I doubt their patent goes outside the U.S....... when you open the eye, did you have to modify the mold a bit to except the hook eye?  just trying to beat the trial and error lol

It’s a figure 8 link, I open it up, put the hook in it, close the hook end, I then open the other end a little and sit it where the eye of the hook would go.

i used a file on the hook shaft area, was getting heavy flash, now it’s good.

i open the eye up after casting, powdercoat, slip the blade on, and then close the eye while powdercoat is still tacky, before curing, figure the powdercoat bonding with the eye might give it some more strength.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, edgecrusher said:

It’s a figure 8 link, I open it up, put the hook in it, close the hook end, I then open the other end a little and sit it where the eye of the hook would go.

i used a file on the hook shaft area, was getting heavy flash, now it’s good.

i open the eye up after casting, powdercoat, slip the blade on, and then close the eye while powdercoat is still tacky, before curing, figure the powdercoat bonding with the eye might give it some more strength.

what size link are you using?  is this what you are using?  https://barlowstackle.com/Connector-Links-P835/

you filed the mold because the 5/0 hook shaft was to big??

can you share a picture of how this looks in the mold?

thanks.... good info

No sense in starting a new thread.  the snootiest jig and poison could also double for a swim jig or swim bait mold? I’m kinda looking for a mold to possibly make all three.  I have been making chatter baits with a arkie 2hich, works fine.  However, the bigger arkies seem like they want raise up and plane when retrieved.  Don’t worry I use split rings haha