jmb

Tube Jigs

Has anyone seen a place that makes a small crappie tube jig mold that has the spline part I can find them in the 3.5 in or larger but no 1.5 in or 2 in size. I know I can use a nail and cut the tail just wondering if a mold is out there and I simply cant find it 

PS been reading the forum for a long time finally joined !

Angling ai has a tail cutter that you hit with a hammer. I have a home made cutting press kind of modeled after lurecrafts tail cutting press that i cut  tube tails with. Works good, but i doubt would be of much use on something that small. I've  cut tails on a lot of different baits including  ned rig baits  & it worked great.

• Like 1

I have never seen the set up your looking for. If my memory serves me correctly I remember reading a post one time pertaining to this topic. Someone had mentioned it most likely comes down to cost. Most fishermen would rather drop a few dollars on a few bags of different color tubes rather than the cost of an intricate machined mold.  Jacobs Molds sells small tube molds 1 1/2” and 1 3/4” with core pins. You just have to cut the tails. Not hard to make a tail cuter with razor blades, washers for spacers and a couple bolts. 

• Like 1