Tanel

quality glitter question

In my experience aluminum glitter will work so long as the coating on the film is decent and can withstand the plasticizers and heat (this will depend on the manufacturer). I have run some in a microwave just to test and didnt have an issue, however I never felt comfortable about it and never ran production this way or multiple reheats so your results may vary.

Some draw backs are aluminum glitter is much thicker than polyester so a heavy load or a small bait may have decreased performance or texture. Also it is much heavier so it has a bad tendency of falling out in the mold cavity leaving uneven distribution. In the past and maybe still it is cheaper than polyester glitter when purchased by weight, however since it is heavier on a piece by piece basis you actually have to use "more" to achieve the same look as you would get from polyester. For example if you have 1 gram of 0.040" hex polyester glitter you will have many more actual flakes than you will get out of 1 gram of aluminum 0.040" hex.

My conclusion there is no benefit of aluminum over polyester, only some negative characteristics. it will work in a pinch if there is not another option but i would stick with a good high temp polyester glitter that you know works.