Musky Glenn

crowd

We just got a report from our local supermarket that one of their employees has Covid 19.  Yesterday, they sent an email to all of their club members.

They closed completely today, and are sanitizing the entire store.  Due to reopen tomorrow.

My daughter and I are doing our shopping there online, and doing a drive thru pickup on Sunday.  I just hope they can really sanitize everything, since the virus can live on hard surfaces for days.

We'll wear gloves, use hand sanitizer, and wash our hands after handling the food, but I don't know how to sanitize the food itself, other than cooking it.

37 minutes ago, mark poulson said:

We just got a report from our local supermarket that one of their employees has Covid 19.  Yesterday, they sent an email to all of their club members.

They closed completely today, and are sanitizing the entire store.  Due to reopen tomorrow.

My daughter and I are doing our shopping there online, and doing a drive thru pickup on Sunday.  I just hope they can really sanitize everything, since the virus can live on hard surfaces for days.

We'll wear gloves, use hand sanitizer, and wash our hands after handling the food, but I don't know how to sanitize the food itself, other than cooking it.

If you want to be 100% safe, you might think about canceling the order

Mark just bugged the wife for you

My wife works in the hospital and knows all the medical cleaning precautions. She says warm water and light soap for fruit and veg if you’re not cooking it

just rinse throughly so you don’t blow bubbles well eating it lol

Edited by Hillbilly voodoo
  • Haha 1

I'm in Manitoba, we have about 21 cases mostly in Winnipeg.  I live out in the country where I mostly self isolate by choice (even before the virus lol).   I'm very fortunate to be able to work from home at the moment.  I teach at our Power Company's lineman school (I'm a lineman by trade).   So right now we shut the school down, but finally have time to do a in-depth program review... necessary but boring.  I'll be hanging out on the forum more often than usual lol.   Stay safe out there fellas, create something awesome!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Hillbilly voodoo said:

Mark just bugged the wife for you

My wife works in the hospital and knows all the medical cleaning precautions. She says warm water and light soap for fruit and veg if you’re not cooking it

just rinse throughly so you don’t blow bubbles well eating it lol

Thank your wife for the advice.

I already found out that it's important to rinse off the soap, or you will blow bubbles out of you butt later.

• Haha 1

I am stuck at home Wisconsin is shut down, It makes me get cleaned up around here and I am starting two new projects a 12"  troller and a 8" glide bait maybe a swim bait also. I live right on the Menominee river N E WI so I can test them out without going anywhere by the time I get them ready I can get the boat out and test. Also my top water needs a little work almost done on that one. Good luck to all and wash those hands. 

Wayne

According to official numbers, Indonesia is only just getting started with around 700 cases nationwide in a population of 640M. However, I am not buying in to those numbers, I would say x10 or even x20, but no one is talking. I started taking precautions 3 weeks ago when it became obvious that the government were lying.

I am using my stash of 75%ABV (150% proof) vodka in a spray bottle for hands and purchases. I hope this is enough.

The biggest problem here is that a lock-down is not possible as most citizens live from day to day. If there is a lock-down, they lose their income and there are no social benefits. India has locked down, but the government has announced that they are going to support the poor.

Indonesia better get their act together quick or we are in for a disaster that will make China and USA look like villages!

Tough time y'all, stay safe.

Dave

• Like 1

@Vodkaman do to your location I could see this issue being whole different ball game 

Make sure you take time to enjoy some of that vodka and stay safe Dave 

@ravenlures Sounds like your on the same path as I am got nothing better to do then build. No lock down here yet but probably on its way. Laid off, stuck home schooling kids, and not much do either way

stay healthy and hopefully you enter one of your projects in the contest so we can see what you come up with

7 hours ago, Vodkaman said:

According to official numbers, Indonesia is only just getting started with around 700 cases nationwide in a population of 640M. However, I am not buying in to those numbers, I would say x10 or even x20, but no one is talking. I started taking precautions 3 weeks ago when it became obvious that the government were lying.

I am using my stash of 75%ABV (150% proof) vodka in a spray bottle for hands and purchases. I hope this is enough.

The biggest problem here is that a lock-down is not possible as most citizens live from day to day. If there is a lock-down, they lose their income and there are no social benefits. India has locked down, but the government has announced that they are going to support the poor.

Indonesia better get their act together quick or we are in for a disaster that will make China and USA look like villages!

Tough time y'all, stay safe.

Dave

Man, that is tough.  Washing your hands works, because the soap breaks the virus' membrane, I've been told, so please do that.

Stay safe, and be well.

update. here in Canada government has put forth billions as a social monetary net for out of work folks. t-day my wifes coronary doctor called. she requires 2 more heart stents. surgery has been cancelled. last place he stated is to be in a hospital. like I have said before folks. be safe actually be extremely cautious. hunker down till we get an all clear...the worlds changed.

3 hours ago, mark poulson said:

Man, that is tough.  Washing your hands works, because the soap breaks the virus' membrane, I've been told, so please do that.

Stay safe, and be well.

Yes, I still do the washing hands thing. The alcohol spray is extra, just like using sanitizer.

I am going to arrange a meeting with the village chiefs and elders to get some rules written down for when things kick off here. At the moment it is just business as usual, kids playing outside, people chatting in groups, Mosques busy as normal. You wouldn't think there was a global pandemic going on. They will find out the hard way in three weeks time!

Dave

34 minutes ago, Vodkaman said:

Yes, I still do the washing hands thing. The alcohol spray is extra, just like using sanitizer.

I am going to arrange a meeting with the village chiefs and elders to get some rules written down for when things kick off here. At the moment it is just business as usual, kids playing outside, people chatting in groups, Mosques busy as normal. You wouldn't think there was a global pandemic going on. They will find out the hard way in three weeks time!

Dave

I hope they'll listen to you.

Take care.