CollinW22

Angling A.I. Open Pour Swimbait

On 5/7/2020 at 8:03 AM, CollinW22 said:

Has anyone poured this mold yet? Really like the look and concept but the tail seems pretty thick. Would like an opinion on the swimming action.

Are you referring to the 6 inch open pour?

The action of that 4 inch in the video is something I see with my own eyes. I like it, going to get several.  They are 5 to 6 weeks out and it looks like it will be worth the wait.  I don't care who designed what the eye in the sky don't lie.  You can't falsify the baits swimming action that you see.  Thicker tail means more durable too.  I think that's a plus since hand poring baits takes way longer than injection.  I'm just giving my opinions here on what looks like a sweet design and the video footage of it.  In the video he even tells you what blend of plastic he uses to give you an idea of its durometer so you can experiment from there.  Thinking this in a firmer plastic will be incredible action and durability. A softer plastic will get some great strikes and maybe the thickness will allow some durability that does not exist in other open pour designs.  Can't wait to find my preference.

On 5/9/2020 at 2:14 AM, Fern said:

if it's the 6 inch, I have poured it twice but I have only tested the swimming action on it once and when I did, i realized I didn't have a good size hook for it, however the paddle tail has a lot of action.

Thanks Fern. What size hook will work with the 6"?

How do you feel the hardness of plastic affects action with swimbaits?  I thought the softer plastic would give more action, but in my very limited experimenting, you loose the body roll with softer plastic.  

Edited by dv616

On 5/8/2020 at 7:10 AM, CollinW22 said:

Yeah i've seen that one but I was hoping someone on here had poured it, and had an unbiased opinion. It looked good in the video, but he helped design it, of course it's gonna look good lol.

I got the 6 inch right as it was released and have had blast with it. I have had a couple of really good bites on it in a highly pressured public pond that is HARD to catch fish in. I poured it in a medium plastic and it gives it great action. I will see if I can post a video of the action for you tomorrow after I go to the pond.

Edit: Found video on my phone of swimming action on 8/0 Owners Beast Flashy

Swim Action Angling A.I. Swimbait

20200510_163039.jpg

SmartSelect_20200510-154955_Camera.gif

SmartSelect_20200511-124222_Camera.gif

Edited by wiredconcepts
Add link to video of swim action!
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, wiredconcepts said:

I got the 6 inch right as it was released and have had blast with it. I have had a couple of really good bites on it in a highly pressured public pond that is HARD to catch fish in. I poured it in a medium plastic and it gives it great action. I will see if I can post a video of the action for you tomorrow after I go to the pond.

Edit: Found video on my phone of swimming action on 8/0 Owners Beast Flashy

Swim Action Angling A.I. Swimbait

20200510_163039.jpg

SmartSelect_20200510-154955_Camera.gif

SmartSelect_20200511-124222_Camera.gif

That is a really nice looking swimbait. Did you make that underspin weighted hook? mind sharing what mold you used for it?

• Like 1

On 5/11/2020 at 11:47 AM, dv616 said:

How do you feel the hardness of plastic affects action with swimbaits?  I thought the softer plastic would give more action, but in my very limited experimenting, you loose the body roll with softer plastic.  

I have been playing around with it and the softer baits give a lot more action on the fall and slow retrieve but don't behave as well under fast retrieve as the harder baits do. I like them in a medium, I like to yoyo them across the points I fish...they have been getting destroyed on the fall. I am really thinking about power drop shotting these down onto some deep spots I know with a yuge sinker underneath it.