Shepherd

Separating 5gallons plastisol into 5 - 1gallon

Would the plastisol and the coloring stay the same and consistent if i divided 5 gallons, right out of the bucket, into 5, 1gallon containers. But in each one gallon container I would like to go ahead and add the coloring. Wood that store okay as far as shelf life and consistency of the color? I appreciate anyone's opinions, especially if someone is currently doing this and has had no problems or have done it and ran into many problems

I dont see any reason why that wouldn't work. Just be sure you get the 5 gallon bucket mixed evenly and thoroughly before dividing it up. Secondly just make sure you mix the individual gallons thoroughly before each use. Hope you like the 5 colors you pick because you'll have a gallon of each.

Thanks Mcluvin175. Well ive got 5 "shelf" colors. And many custom. But my distrubtor and tackle shops always order the "top 5" sellers. This would just save a lot of time if I could just color shoot with the same color in a 1-gallon container instead of doing the drops and mixing in the flake. My main concern is that I have to have every bait in each bag and all my bags the same shade and color for example green pumpkin

Edited by Shepherd

3 minutes ago, Shepherd said:

Thanks Mcluvin175. Well ive got 5 "shelf" colors. And many custom. But my distrubtor and tackle shops always order the "top 5" sellers. This would just save a lot of time if I could just color shoot with the same color in a 1-gallon container instead of doing the drops and mixing in the flake. My main concern is that I have to have every bait in each bag and all my bags the same shade and color for example green pumpkin

Well in that case there is no reason not to do what your thinking about.   Maybe one day your top 5 will require a 5 gallon bucket each and you wont have to divide em up. :yay:

As an aside if you put a "fill line" on the outside of your bucket or jug you can always refill with virgin plastic exactly like you did last time with out having to weigh anything. if you arent already keep a notebook or spreadsheet with your formulas so you dont have to say "OK....was it 1 or 2 tablespoons of glitter?...:?This way you'll get consistent colors especially considering there is a little more fudge factor on a gallon batch versus a 2 cup batch. Good luck.

Its basically just the same concept as cyklone paint mixer's drill inserted prop. Ive just got the drill where it can be attatched to the bucket in a fixed locked in position, or detached for getting any stubborn plastic that may be hidding in the seems at the bottom of the bucket. Cyklones prop looks lik this " _|_"  i just added 2 small blades out of some scrap, 6in above the 2 main bottom blades. It works good. Hope this helps. Now, ive got a shooting star injection system made by Rupert at Ultra Molds which has 2 drums with a motor that is fixed ontop of each lid with a sail stlye blade that continuously Stirrs the plastic while heating. And its top knotch desgin if you want to get into somthing more detailed and advanced