Shepherd

GameChanger

Made lots of similar style flies over the years and yes bass, pike, and bull trout eat them. 

its just another big jointed streamer in my opinion. 

But I don’t believe in chasing patterns and instead tie according to forage or a style of movement 

Probably caught more bass on a wholly bugger style fly with barbell eyes and rubber legs then any other fly I have used

Preciate it as always hillbilly. I'm a topwater Imma top water foam popper man myself. I did try something a little different this morning and caught for smallys in the creek. I put a little phone lip and it works pretty good until the second small mouth tore it off. I can make it splash or let it sink a little bit had a little extra wobble. I think I'm going to use a very thin guitar pick next time cuz I like the action it had on it

0812200754.jpg

When I used to fly fish bass it was mostly largemouth because I had to travel a few hours to catch smallmouth. 

foam lip style flies definitely work just did not use them much because of weeds where I fished. It was mostly sloughs where you were fishing pockets where you only had a 5-10ft retrieve before casting again.

Bass in general I find are not that picky and was more about getting it in their ambush zone 

hard to really judge you fly by the pic angle but it looks different then what I used to use

Edited by Hillbilly voodoo

Yes, I tie a few gamechangers for myself.  Properly tied, they have very realistic swimming action.  They are articulated, time consuming to tie, hard to cast if you tie too large of a fly on, but ....... they can be awesome.

I used my 10 wt switch last year to land a 56" Tiger Muskie, but the fly was 10" log and all that my Switch could handle.  I wish my gopro had not  lost battery power.  I plan on tying some smaller versions for Brown Trout this winter, but, did I mention how long they take me to tie?

Yea, the movement on that thing is NASSTY! But like Bill Dance always said, the most important thing you have to have in your tacklebox is confidence. My grandaddy always took me flyfishn when the willow flies hatch. We'd always fling a 2 bug set-up. Either big foam popper in the front, and a lil one tied off the hook of the big. Or same set up except tie your basic dry willow fly bug behind Big Pop