Pourboy bait

Ultra minnow 8/0 jig mold hooks

Has anyone discovered a black nickle or bronze 8/0 hook that will work in the DO-IT  Ultra minnow  2,3,4,oz. mold?   I am so sick of the tinned crap available.

Spro jig heads use Gamagatsu's I think.  But after an hour on the Interwebs I gave up.  Not trying to save money, these are for personal use.  Thanks.

I pour a lot of these for a customers. I am using Mustad 32824 hooks.

1 oz................ 5/0

1-1/2 oz......... 5/0

2 oz............... 6/0

3 oz............... 6/0

4 oz................6/0

I don't think a 7/0 or an 8/0 will fit these sizes without mods. The 7/0 and 8/0 might fit in the 5, 6 or 8 oz

Edited by cadman

As cadman suggested the Mustad 32824 is a good hook and it does fit but it is tight in a couple of cavities and really does not sit perfectly straight.  You may have to modify the mold for a better fit.  The mold I tried did close but it was a close fit.

Another option would be the VMC 7150 but it is a smaller diameter wire so you may have seepage around the eye and where the hook exits the mold.  It did fit and the mold did close.

Jon Barlow
7150.JPG.e883bd3b67e7a2c9d77e109700fd5375.JPG
32824.JPG.e07354dc423df41e74b55272a95c077c.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks.  I ordered 3 different packs.   32786 7/0 are loose, 32824 8/0 are tight,  and the recommended hook on the mold itself # 32786 8/0 was correct.

I had assumed the 32786 were  tinned, but I received Mustad black nickel hooks from Barlow's.  I'll use the rest of the hooks for fishing giant swimbaits and 12" Slug-go's.

• Like 1