psilvers

Painting earball lures

I am in the process of trying to paint earball lures. I have attached a swivel to one of the rings and I want to avoid getting it messed up with paint. I have tried two methods-

1- w,rapping the swivel with high temperature tape.- the type of tape used on furnaces. However, the tape leaves a sticky residue. I am going to try a couple of ideas to clean off the residue. I will keep you guys posted.

2- I have also wrapped the swivel wi.th aluminum foil. I also tried this previously, but I used heavy duty foil and it was a pain in the but to add AND to remove (the paint kind of made it a pain.

Anyone else have any ideas?  i did a little experiment today and I will keep you guys posted.

Thanks,

Pete

Pete, what are you trying do accomplish, keeping the two rings free from paint? If so, I don't worry about it. I just take a pair of forceps gripping one ear, dip in powder paint and bake. If you want to take the paint off of the wire ears, take a dremel and a wire brush, and clean them before you bake. Comes off much easier. Once clean bake your ear ball lure.

Cadman,

I have attached a swivel to one of the rings, soI can’t remove the swivel. When I dip it in my fluid bed the paint will cover the swivel, unless the swivel is protected. Some of the earball lures are big (22 oz or larger), but I also have smaller earballs (1/5 oz). I just want to avoid clogging the swivel with paint.

Thanks,

Pete