21xdc

Fat Guys Fishing molds...

i have many molds from fat guys, started ordering before they had a working website, through facebook, and never had any issues. ,olds are very high quality, well vented, and shoot great. i have the 3 and 3.5" slim rip, 2.8, 3.3 and 3.8" ba shad, 2.5 and 3.5" flicker fluke. will be getting more at some point for sure! they also run sales around most holidays, and recently started running a "golden ticket" promotion, they always send a sticker with your order, if its a gold sticker you win a free mold.

on true custom molds your best bet is message them through their facebook page, they are pretty quick to respond, they will also make different sizes of molds they already offer if they dont offer it. im probabaly going to get them to make a 3" version of the flicker fluke at some point, and a 4" slim rip.

Edited by Canga~

3 hours ago, JerryHargis said:

Where do yall buy your plastics to melt & pour? My son wants to start pouring his own baits, trying to learn the process.

Welcome to TU!  If you look up top, you will see a sticky thread about lure mold companies.  Many of those companies also sell plastic and supplies to make baits.  Good luck!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JerryHargis said:

Where do yall buy your plastics to melt & pour? My son wants to start pouring his own baits, trying to learn the process.

your most common places are going to be dead on plastix, bait plastics and calhoun. i personally use bait plastics 242 and love it, and i have used calhoun in the past and it was very good too. i havent used dead on but hear good things about it (some bad too!) best bet is to get/buy a sample from each and choose what sorks best for you. 

watch worlds worst fishing on youtube, chris has many videos on making plastics, from the beginner to the advanced.

• Like 2

On 4/26/2021 at 4:21 PM, JerryHargis said:

A word of advice is to think about what the main bait you throw every time you fish & buy it first. This is a hobby that can get very expensive real quick like. lol  My first mold that i bought was a basstackle bt flipping hog( baby brush hog) because i throw it a whole lot. I also bought a 6 ounce  basstackle injector because after asking was told they were the best on the market & i agree now. Next i bought two 4" shz molds because i throw the crap out of super hogs in the summer. Then added here & there & have 30 molds now & growing which is a  a couple thousand dollars worth anyway so be prepared. :D

• Like 2