Tiderunner

Fat Guys Fishing- Molds

Sent in my first order with them. 5.75" cut tail worm. Anyone have any experience with the company?

I probably should have asked first. LOL. Looks like quality made stuff. Looking forward to getting it in, and pouring my winter away. I like some of their other stuff as well, mainly the core shot  stickbaits.

But pricey! As always, too much month left at the end of the money,

23 hours ago, Flippinstick Mike said:

I've purchased many molds from them and have been very pleased with each of them. They all shoot well and are very solid. I would recommend them. All aluminim cnc molds are expensive. Theirs are worth the cost in my opinion. 

AluminumCNC are the only type I own except for two old silicone molds from when I was first starting out. Pricey in a sense that they have a 10 cavity coreshot stickbait mold, when another producer has a 5 cavity mold for half their price.  Their stuff looks top notch, but the size of some of the molds puts a lot of their molds out of reach.

Both are top notch makers.

Doesn't mean I won't buy other molds from them. Just can't afford to drop $200 plus on some of their molds.

i have 15ish molds from fat guys, they make a quality product, and are always adding to their aresnal. make sure you are aware of the lead times (at the top of their page) they just got done with a big black friday sale and are likely swamped. my lasat order (during their haloween sale) took a little over a month to get.

i really like that a lot of their molds are available with more cavities, means im not pouring for too long when i do, and not having to buy as many multiples of the same mold to make a decent ammount!

On 12/14/2020 at 3:53 PM, Canga~ said:

i have 15ish molds from fat guys, they make a quality product, and are always adding to their aresnal. make sure you are aware of the lead times (at the top of their page) they just got done with a big black friday sale and are likely swamped. my lasat order (during their haloween sale) took a little over a month to get.

i really like that a lot of their molds are available with more cavities, means im not pouring for too long when i do, and not having to buy as many multiples of the same mold to make a decent ammount!

Not worried about not getting it. I was hoping to get it before Christmas though as it was going to be a gift for my son. We pour baits together and won't be starting until after the holidays, so no big deal. I did order the mold that weekend, and right now shipping is backed up as the systems are overwhelmed. Fed Ex, UPS, USPS are all behind on shipping,

I do like the idea of the 10 cavity molds like you do. Can get more done in less time. Plus I pour some clear baits, that after reheating the plastic a few times aren't so clear anymore. I have a 9oz injector that should be enough to fill a 10 cavity senko mold. And would still keep baits clear.

Or I can pour say 20 at one time and be done and then move on to a new color.

Maybe I'll just wait on the core shot senko mold. And get the 10 cavity. I love saving money by pouring my own baits...LOL

Isn't that why we all got into this? To save money?