Tubeman

plotter for vinyl cutting

13 hours ago, Brick Steel said:

I use a Silhouette Cameo 4 to cut out vinyl stencils. I imagine it would work on stick on vinyl as well.

How does it work with a ton of small details and shape corners?  As if you were trying to cut a jagged pattern for scales or something like that?

I have access to a big Graptec cutter at work - works great on big things like boating numbers or large items - but it's has it's challenges on for very small details notably for small jagged items - it loves large rounded shapes and runs beautifully on that - but try to cut a 1/4" x 1/4" jagged shape and it tend to rip it up.

J.

It does well, although there is a learning curve. I used the Cameo 4 to cut the stencils that I used to do the lettering on the five inch jerk baits in the attached photo. I made eight baits using these templates. Btw, I didn't expect the fish to respond to the message, but I made the baits as gifts for our elders and ministers.  

I have used the Cameo to cut stencils for other patterns, but these were by far the most intricate. 

follow me first two.jpg

I have a Silhouette CURIO cutter and it works great for me. Once you get the hang of it, I make what I want on a draw like paint or other than transfer it to Curio and it does just what I want, go on you tube and check it out. I don't like to give out the address of sites because you must do your home work that way you will learn much more than we can tell.

Wayne

• Like 1