JustJim

Need help with A - rig components

Hello new to lure making and getting ready to order some parts to make some Alabama rigs. I want to get the correct size for .051 wire 

From the website lurepartsonline it shows a size #4 clevis to fit the wire shafts. My question is what size crane swivel would fit over the clevis, and what would be the correct size split ring from the crane swivel to a 1 1/2" willow leaf blade? 

I’ve made a bunch of these, with blades, without blades, attached the blades in different ways. Bought my harnesses, made my own. There’s a lot of ways to put them together. If you use a clevis, there are other components you must also use. What you will find is loading all those components, crimping, placement, etc. takes a lot of time and is quite fatiguing putting a five wire arig together. After a bunch of trying this and that I landed on a component that makes a real clean unit and will cut down on your work. Rosco tackle makes a component called a Swivel Sleeve that will replace sleeves, clevis, metal bearings and swivel and save you a bunch of time. 

https://www.roscotackle.com/product/romar-sleeve-swivel/

• Like 2